All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Fill in the Blank Peeks (purposely misspelled;inside joke)smiling smiley
December 07, 2014 10:43PM
One of the guys posted this pic on the WZ. I thought that it would be fun for those in the know Chick-on avec les pieds to label the peaks smiling smiley

What I do recognize is the obvious: Mono Lake in the Background, & Half Dome in the middle foreground.

The body betrays and the weather conspires, hopefully, not on the same day.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2014 06:43PM by Bee.
Re: Fill in the Blank Peeks (purposely misspelled;inside joke)smiling smiley
December 08, 2014 10:09PM
How about the ones I've been on top of?

In the background, in front of Mono Lake, is Dana. And down and to the right of that is Mammoth. Ithink that is the edge of Conness at the upper left, you can just see the distinctive ridge there.

And then above Tenaya Lake is Cathedral. And Cloud's Rest is also easy, above Half Dome...

And then front left is North Dome, Basket Dome and Watkins.

Do we count Lembert Dome? Those are the only ones I've climbed...

It's a great photo

Check our our website: http://www.backpackthesierra.com/
Or just read a good mystery novel set in the Sierra; https://www.amazon.com/Danger-Falling-Rocks-Paul-Wagner/dp/0984884963

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2014 10:10PM by balzaccom.
avatar Re: Fill in the Blank Peeks (purposely misspelled;inside joke)smiling smiley
December 09, 2014 08:53AM
Anything and everything counts. If anyone knows how to use the "labeling" device on Photoshop et al, please do so!

avatar Re: Fill in the Blank Peeks (purposely misspelled;inside joke)smiling smiley
December 09, 2014 09:56AM
Ok, this is not a rhetorical question?

You really want the faux toe marked up with labels of all the peaks and lakes and wuttnot?

Can dew dat for ewe if u want.

Chick-on is looking at you!
December 09, 2014 10:39AM
Chick-on is looking at you! -scratch on foto is welcome! I have other collections of labeled pix, soZ this will Funny bee a welcome addition

December 09, 2014 11:58AM
Here ewe go:

December 09, 2014 08:38PM
VERY cool Chick-on is looking at you! your Chick-on avec les pieds -Scratch is most excellent. It's been fun to double check the peaks I had guessed (I at least guessed Dana correctly smiling smiley This would Funny bee a fun poster to frame (only with the permission of the rightful owner of the pic)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2014 09:02PM by Bee.
December 11, 2014 08:16AM
Ewe r welcome. Good fun. I had to cheat on Mt. Warren and Lee Vining and look on a map tho.
Wasn't sure their names. (Conness is off this picture more to the left... )
Well... since I'm always looking at maps anyway tho... scheming and planning and dreaming...
I guess maybe it wasn't fair. Some would say I live there... I try...
tongue sticking out smiley

December 09, 2014 04:08PM
I've flown over them all.
December 09, 2014 04:12PM
Cosmic_Comet
I've flown over them all.

Dragonboy, I think ur HeMan doll is under da Driver's seatie.
tongue sticking out smiley

(ur IP Address is available... so ... I mean... you gotta try harder than just create another abuser Id)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2014 04:46PM by chick-on.
December 11, 2014 08:25AM
I believe the Peek at the very top on the horizon just right of center is Arc Dome.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login