Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Bridalveil Falls, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (58% of Full)

Advanced

Re: WOW!!!

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

WOW!!!
December 13, 2014 02:31PM
Beautiful pictures on the Yosemite webcams today. I would say extra special!
December 13, 2014 06:10PM
And there's more on the way.
December 13, 2014 07:05PM
I should have some nice pictures to post when I get back, Tunnel View (and the wet slippery rocks above it) was awesome.
December 14, 2014 09:22AM
I wish I was there. Badger Pass opens to day.
December 15, 2014 11:27AM
Max

Looks like all the webcams operated by the Yosemite Conversancy are down right now. The ones operated by NPS (Happy Isle, Turtleback Dome - Air Quality) and the one operated by Delaware North (Badger Pass) are still functioning.

Go figure.

December 15, 2014 12:01PM
plawrence
Max

Looks like all the webcams operated by the Yosemite Conversancy are down right now. The ones operated by NPS (Happy Isle, Turtleback Dome - Air Quality) and the one operated by Delaware North (Badger Pass) are still functioning.

Go figure.

All cams up and running as of 11:57AM
December 15, 2014 12:39PM
troutwild

All cams up and running as of 11:57AM

Not any more. The El Capitan, Half Dome (Ahwahnee Meadow) and Half Dome (Glacier Point) cams are down again.

(The Conservancy's Yosemite Falls webcam is functioning though.)
December 15, 2014 03:37PM
plawrence
The ones operated by NPS (Happy Isle,

Happy Isles is operated by USGS.
December 15, 2014 06:14PM
Thanks.

I forget about that. I knew it was the federal government that ran it, but forget it was USGS (and not the Park Service).

December 15, 2014 07:25PM
You guys missed one more webcam. Any guesses?
December 15, 2014 07:40PM
Not Badger Pass, Happy Isles, El Capitan, Half Dome (Ahwahnee Meadow) and Half Dome (Glacier Point) or Yosemite Falls.
December 15, 2014 08:26PM
Max

Not Badger Pass, Happy Isles, El Capitan, Half Dome (Ahwahnee Meadow) and Half Dome (Glacier Point) or Yosemite Falls.

I also had already mentioned the Turtleback Dome - Air Quality webcam. Were you thinking about that one?

December 15, 2014 08:41PM
No. Isn't one of the seven webcams noted on the Park Service website. It's not a webcam like the pic from Merced area of Half Dome. It's a real webcam that is running almost every day and it's killer good.
December 15, 2014 08:45PM
Hint... Real webcam with killer view of a Yosemite landmark
December 15, 2014 09:36PM
That is not much of a hint.
December 15, 2014 09:49PM
OK........ Up close view of the highest elevation in Yosemite in HD. I've been looking at this and other amazing stuff almost every day for the last year or more. Some of the most stunning sunsets you can see on any webcam (in my opinion of course)
December 15, 2014 11:08PM
So it's not facing east?

Old Dude
December 15, 2014 11:22PM
Boy I sure do appreciate you guys believing me about this because.

No it's not.
December 15, 2014 11:24PM
Oops! I'm not sure what way it faces. It's turns 360 degrees.
December 15, 2014 11:32PM
When you said facing east I had my thoughts messed up a bit. What I was thinking is it doesn't face east when looking at the highest elevation in Yosemite.
December 15, 2014 11:34PM
One more hint... when I said earlier that its a up close view... it's a super zoom with high quality
December 16, 2014 08:03AM
I am really stumped unless it is one of the fire or Heliport cams that I don't look at much. I was confused about what cam people were referring to as the Glacier Point cam, thinking that there is another cam looking at Half Dome at Glacier Point that I didn't know about but the cam that is being referred to is the Sentinel Dome cam. One strange thing I found is that if you Google Yosemite cams, some of the cams are said to be in locations that they are not like the Ahwahnee Cam is said to be in Curry Village and the El Cap Cam is called North Wawona. Like I said, you got me stumped.
December 16, 2014 08:39AM
Prob. Mammoth... Ski Cams...

Chick-on is looking at you!
December 16, 2014 08:47AM
This cam is outside YNP.

Please tell me about the fire, heliport cams you speak. Access to general public?

The one I'm talking about can be access by general public. Here is some more info on webcam... video not pics (this makes for excellent cloud watching. For instance, I've spent plenty of time watching high peaks forming clouds at sunset in bright sunset colors and watching thunderstorms).
December 19, 2014 02:06PM
December 16, 2014 01:58PM
December 16, 2014 09:10PM
Bingo chick-on.

Since anyone going to site can control the cameras now that it's winter there are some lines to wait for control. Over the summer I could have control sometimes for 10 to 15 minutes without anyone else getting "in-line". Also now that it's winter it appears that control is being overridden by employees. Still when on the McCoy cam looking west and north west you get awesome live streaming sometimes of Ansel Adams Wilderness and into Yosemite, Mount Lyell., etc...

I've loved sunrises and sunsets especially.
December 17, 2014 07:22AM
View to Mammoth from Donahue Peak.

December 17, 2014 11:23AM
I believe Mammoth Mountain is the bald mountain just right of your "MAMMOTH." (Two Teats under your O, Minaret Summit in between.)
December 17, 2014 11:50AM
hikerchick395
I believe Mammoth Mountain is the bald mountain just right of your "MAMMOTH." (Two Teats under your O, Minaret Summit in between.)

Ah. I see. I must be pointing to June Mtn.

Thanks

December 17, 2014 04:36PM
You guys are amazing. Cool pick with notes chick-on and stuff about Two Teats and Minaret Summit. I see Two Teats on pic. I'm dying for one of you guys that know those parts so well to go on McCoy and find Lyell. I am 99% sure I view Lyell. How I figured this out was when I was up at Mammoth a month ago I went to Minaret Summit and looked that the viewing display that tells you verything up there then went back to the hotel to find on webcam. I'm sure you guys can get on the cam and be like oh that's Lyell, that's ..., that's ..., that's ... like you always do. I love it.
December 18, 2014 05:17PM
That cam is indeed very very kewl.

This is what I think:

110% sure about Amelia Earhart, Andrea Lawrence, Donahue Peak, Simmons, and Lyell... well... nearly 110%
Without question Banner and Ritter...
Not 110% sure about Rodgers and Davis... but they look about right...

Anyone?

December 21, 2014 11:05PM
I was right about Lyell... cool. Thanks for checking it out. Hope it bring you fun as it has me.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login