Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Half Dome from the Four Mile Trail to Glacier Point, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (71% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Happi Bird-day To Z Perret Basilbop!

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Happi Bird-day To Z Perret Basilbop!
December 17, 2014 06:42AM
Psssst... uh... itz my ownas birthday! Cake and Candle

O... ewe mean dis goofball?

Yeah. Dat guy. Boy we have sum good tymes, no?

Nearly impossible for me too pick only a few pix... really... so many great adventchures wit dis guy...

Hope he has a great day. Lookie all that snow up der in dem mountains..

smiling smiley

Seriously Mr. Aaron. Thanks for all the great trips and company and insights and wisdom.
Hope you have a Happy Birthday Today!
Yur Buddie,
Chick-on is looking at you!

avatar Re: Happi Bird-day To Z Perret Basilbop!
December 17, 2014 06:44AM
It would be kinda kewl if you all could wish him a birdday here too...
He really has put up sooooooo many Trip Reports here for your enjoyment
and knows so much about the park and is really helpful and well...
just an overall nice guy.
tongue sticking out smiley

December 17, 2014 06:50AM
Two more... for fun:

and in actshun: smiling smiley

December 17, 2014 07:00AM
Yes. Happy Birthday Aaron. Which is it, 32, 33,...?

Old Dude
December 17, 2014 08:28AM
Happiest of Birthdays to you. My gift--a pic from Yosemite!

December 17, 2014 09:50AM
Happy Birthday to you! I thought you might get a birthday chuckle over a picture of some guy about to get wet...wish I had the impact shot!

December 17, 2014 10:06AM
I wonder if the actual impact was as good as the mental image?!?
December 17, 2014 10:09AM
It wasn't...so let your imagination run wild! Much more fun!
December 17, 2014 09:58AM
Happy Birthday my dearest!

Thank you so much for sharing your love of the mountains with me, for being patient with me as I work my sorry tush up the mountains, for planning the routes, for making me coffee in the mornings, setting up shelters in the rain, for doing oh-so-many-things to make our trips so fabulous! And, of course, for taking so many lovely photos that remind me of the lovely country we have visited and which whet my appetite for more!

And thank you so much for your support over the years, especially now, as I deal with my family.

I wish I could say more.. So inarticulate now... *Hug*!
December 17, 2014 11:05AM
Happy Birthday. Trying to figure out which bird has the best reports. They're all great. Thanks for all of the great posts.
December 17, 2014 11:37AM
And warmest birthday greetings from me, as well. The pink bird's kick-off message in this thread alone was enough to make me drop everthing and join you all on a hike right now (but I gotta get my tukus out to CA first!). At any rate, thanks for all you do on this board. Hope your day is wonderful!

Smiling dogpile
December 17, 2014 12:06PM
avatar Re: Happi Bird-day To Z Perret Basilbop! Cake and Candle
December 17, 2014 12:09PM

Happy Birthday, Aaron!

Just a a big thank you for all the wonderful advice and fabulous trip reports you posted over the years on this site. The time and dedication needed to that is substantial, so I greatly appreciate all the effort you have put into them.

As a birthday present, I'll repost a photo I took of Yosemite from afar in 2012, just two days after your birthday:

December 17, 2014 04:02PM
I hope you had a fantastic birthday. Maybe you have many, many, many more years of adventures and thank you for sharing them with us.
December 17, 2014 04:45PM
Great trip reports indeed! I still chuckle every time I think about this (hypothetical) trip report from last winter...maybe my favorite from last year!
December 17, 2014 08:16PM
Very Happy Birthday! Your TRs and input have inspired me, all the best.
December 17, 2014 08:36PM
Happy bday!
December 18, 2014 07:56AM
Happy Birthday. Thanks for letting me dream about doing even half the trips that you and the other trekkers do. (I hope to do some of the trips in the near future.)
December 18, 2014 08:05AM
Happy Birthday Basilbop! I hope it was a good one. Many, many thanks for the numerous trip reports and photos that allow me to daydream while sitting here in my cubicle. This forum would be far less enjoyable without your contributions.
December 18, 2014 09:34AM
Allow me to add my appreciation for all you contribute to this site. Happy Birthday!
December 18, 2014 12:15PM
Happy Birthday to dah Perret. Although I don't frequently comment on them I do read all your trip reports and just pretend I'm there trying to keep up. It's a pleasure.Mountain Lion
December 18, 2014 01:08PM
Thank you everyone for your kind words and wishes! I really appreciate it... even if it is to celebrate getting a bit older.

Now, that picture of Half Dome from Turlock--must be Photoshopped, right? :-) And I don't believe for a moment that that guy above got wet--I'm fairly sure the pink bird can flap hard enough to generate lift in a pinch...
December 18, 2014 02:12PM
As my boss once said "Getting older is better than the alternative." As for the photo, I am sure that you know that the debate has gone on for years and it has been proven that with a great telephoto lens, you can get a nice close up of Half Dome from there. One of these days I still want to drive up there and see for myself. I hope you had a great B day. (Maybe the pink one can flap his wings hard enough and get me to the top of Half Dome)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login