Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Vernel Fall, Merced River, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (58% of Full)

Advanced

Re: NOW the season is over

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

NOW the season is over
January 19, 2015 03:56AM
....sorry Chick-on. U wuz robbed.
avatar Re: NOW the season is over
January 19, 2015 07:55AM
Can't say that didn't hurt. Pretty depressing. Feel bad for those guys that work so hard...
and a few little things... and it goes south. I mean... they HAD it..
bummed
crying

Did see the Lion print thingie on the Too-ol-um-knee winter conditions (tis getting
ridiculous out there... btw)
I think it's all about printy on crusty snow...

Here's a couple of other prints from last year... one on Pohono Trail... the other on Turner Ridge.

and I'm gonna need more of last friday to recover... sad smiley
(prob. should have just stayed out there 4 days)

Eleanor Creek Falls

Chick-on is looking at you!
January 19, 2015 08:48AM
Yes, I saw the mtn. lion print on the update. Thought it looked raised, too. The one on Phono trail looks "right" to me.
January 19, 2015 12:29PM
I'm guessing I won't be doing much skiing this weekend...
January 20, 2015 11:12AM
AndrewF
I'm guessing I won't be doing much skiing this weekend...

Badger Pass is closed... and the gate closed at Chinquapin... so I'm guessing not.

Not looking good. Looks like repeat of last year.

January 20, 2015 02:12PM
Any idea on current conditions on the Mist Trail? Wondering if I should bring crampons. Going Happy Isles->Sunrise HSC->Tenaya Lake->Snow Creek starting Friday AM. (Welcome to join if you want)
January 20, 2015 03:03PM
The closure is still in effect in that area... (why? beats me) (they went overboard on what is closed too)
Anywho.. Mist is closed so I would not wink wink go up that ...
def. would not bring Crampons for Mist at the moment... garsh ... is there even any snow there?
microspikes in case run into trail with a lot of ice... and if u wanna just go up n over Clouds instead
I'd join but a) I got other plans already for the weekend adventures and b) was up n over Clouds and
all the jazz n more in Nov. (ok, really it's a ... but I just thought I'd throw it out there)
smiling smiley

Have fun.

January 21, 2015 10:27AM
I don't have any microspikes or I'd bring those, just the heavy 2# crampons... will probably just go without... the snowshoes have crampons anyway...

I'll post some pics when I get back...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login