Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Pothole Dome (Tuolumne Meadows, Yosemite National Park)

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (57% of Full)

JanSport - Accept no Imitations. The Original Backpack since 1967.

Advanced

Re: Snow Survey Results

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 02, 2015 10:50AM
Park staff have completed the April 1 snow surveys. The water content of the snowpack in the Tuolumne drainage is 7% of average; in the Merced drainage it is 2% of average. 2015 is the driest April 1 snow survey on record.
April 03, 2015 01:56PM
Here's to hoping the weather figuratively shouts "april fools!" and dumps about 10 feet of snow on the high country in the next couple of weeks...
April 03, 2015 06:47PM
It is supposed to snow starting Sunday through Tuesday but with no significant accumulation. It would be nice if the amount was wrong and we did get 10 feet. Heck I would settle for 5.
April 04, 2015 02:08PM
parklover
no significant accumulation.

They're saying up to a foot at higher elevations.
April 04, 2015 02:15PM
I didn't see that amount in the forecasts, that would be great.
April 04, 2015 02:34PM
April 04, 2015 03:31PM
Every little bit helps. Thank you, Lord
April 05, 2015 05:09AM
Below is a link to a map that displays all of the California weather and stream data collection stations. Many stations in the mountains collect data on snow depth and water equivalent.

This station data is hosted on a GIS (Geographical Information System) server operated by the state. If you click on a symbol then all the attribute data for the thing that you clicked will be delivered from the GIS server to your screen.

The attribute data includes a link that leads to detailed information for that station. For stations that collect snow data you will be able to display a graph showing snow depth or water equivalent over time. You can also play with various settings and produce custom graphs.

I wish there was a way to produce a map that only showed stations with snow data but, alas, to the best of my knowledge the data currently available on the state’s GIS server does not make that possible.

For an example of a station that has snow data, click the symbol directly below the center of the map.

For tips on using the map, click the “About this map” link in the upper left corner.

http://www.mappingsupport.com/p/gmap4.php?ll=38.861031,-120.079193&z=11&t=h,Stream-weather_gage_state_data&q=http://www.propertylinemaps.com/p/public_land_map/state/CA/CA_fire_and_drought.txt

Joseph, the Gmap4 guy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login