Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Fern on the Four Mile Trail, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (58% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Closed campsites in Lower Pines and North Pines put back on reservation system

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Closed campsites in Lower Pines and North Pines put back on reservation system
April 06, 2015 10:17AM
It looks like the sites in Lower Pines and North Pines that had been held off the reservation system due to flooding fears in May were recently put back on. I checked a few days ago and they were not available but as of today available and booked. Anyone know what day they added them back on?
They were made available last month, March15th at 7:00am. There was a notice to that effect posted on the recreation.gov Yosemite page several days prior. My family and friends picked up 4 of them.
We actually looked to try to get one of the reopened sites that morning at 7:00am and they were not listed. Later that day they showed up as booked. We called the reservation number and asked how it happened that they weren't online at 7:00am and yet they were booked. We were told that the space we were looking for was reserved at 7:25am. Now anyone that has ever tried to get reservations knows that the virtually everything is grabbed within the first couple of minutes. So how is it that the space was available until 7:25am??? I wonder if they were released only for call in reservations to the center?
As I mentioned above, according to the recreation.gov Yosemite page, those "flood"sites would become available at 7:00am. You are correct that they were NOT available at 7:00am. They actually were put into the system around 7:03am. I simply refreshed the map page until they magically appeared as did other friends. We scored 3 of the flood sites. Interestingly, there were at least a dozen other sites available at 7:15am. This happened last year as well. Another YMMV...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login