Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Tuolumne Meadows and Lembert Dome during a summer storm, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (85% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Passes are getting close to opening

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Passes are getting close to opening
April 15, 2015 09:04AM
Mono County Tourism is reporting that Hwy 120 will open to the Yosemite NP east entrance gate today by 5pm. And Sonora Pass is scheduled to open by noon on Friday.
April 15, 2015 09:38AM
I would've imagined an earlier opening of Tioga Pass, but I know that there is some construction being done on and along the road...easier when the road is closed. So hard to predict how long that they will take advantage of the closure. Just think...today is the day the NPS usually STARTS plowing! I'm curious to see if some of my favorite pull-outs along the road are improved or eliminated.
April 15, 2015 10:52AM
Wow. That is very sad for so many reasons. I wish that there were three feet of snow up there.

Check our our website: http://www.backpackthesierra.com/
Or just read a good mystery novel set in the Sierra; https://www.amazon.com/Danger-Falling-Rocks-Paul-Wagner/dp/0984884963
avatar Re: Passes are getting close to opening
April 15, 2015 04:15PM
blah!

I first read this to mean that the entire pass road was open, not just the back side sad smiley
April 15, 2015 08:53PM
Hmm, if I wasn't busy this weekend, I'd strongly consider driving over 108 up the east side of 120, park at Tioga Pass, and going from there.
April 15, 2015 11:47PM
AndrewF
Hmm, if I wasn't busy this weekend, I'd strongly consider driving over 108 up the east side of 120, park at Tioga Pass, and going from there.

I've driven this twice in the west direction, due to a couple of untimely fires. Scenic, but two hours longer, felt like more. Not too bad for backpackers, but gruesome for dayhikers. No time this weekend anyhow...Warriors playoffs. Going to game 1. tongue sticking out smiley
avatar Re: Passes are getting close to opening
April 16, 2015 07:15AM
Ohnivy-Drak
AndrewF

I've driven this twice in the west direction, due to a couple of untimely fires. Scenic, but two hours longer, felt like more. Not too bad for backpackers, but gruesome for dayhikers. No time this weekend anyhow...Warriors playoffs. Going to game 1. tongue sticking out smiley

You prob. got chores to do too...

Chick-on is looking at you!
April 16, 2015 11:30AM
Certain creatures helped Henry Ford escape, which allowed him to build transportation vehicles. This led them to develop express car washes together. After each wash, they hang out on the hoods and roofs to dance!! grinning smiley

Cool TuxGrinning DevilCool Tux
April 16, 2015 08:18PM
Earliest opening ever by several weeks. But hope the storm next week buries it. At this time of year everything north of Bishop will remain rather dormant for another month. And not much snow for spring skiing.

http://www.davidsenesac.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login