Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Deer in Yosemite

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (79% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Bear Head What could occur if you try to illegally ride your bike on Tioga Road while it's closed.

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Excellent!
Well, now! Head roll

That's a cool picture, but by any chance was it Photoshopped? You hardly ever hear about bears chasing bikers when the road is open. Also, what kept the bear from dropping its pursuit of the biker and going after the photographer instead?
...and...where was this taken, since the Tioga Road has about zero pavement to the outside of the white lines...
Is that a black bear? Head looks massive...

I believe photo post meant in jest... But some might not realize?

Just yesterday had black bear (untagged) come wandering up trail we were going down. We stopped, it stopped. We took photos then walked towards it confidently, clicking sticks and it shot up the hillside, we walked under, it was huddled low in a tree/shrub safely out of our way.
Yeah, the picture's a pretty obvious fake and I'm sure Peter was just having a bit of fun but I did hear about this one in Yellowstone this morning (although the narrator's assertion about tourists "running for their lives" is pretty extreme...more like "ambling to a less threatening location" ).
Don't know if it's fake or not, but it was posted by a friend of mine on his Facebook timeline.

From what I can tell of its provenance, the photo of the bear is from British Columbia. Pretty sure it's a black bear (and the black bears in BC are indeed far more aggressive than black bears that live in California). The original caption of the photo is "Canadian Meal on Wheels". Canadian humor, I guess. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2015 10:48PM by plawrence.
avatar Re: Bear Head What could occur if you try to illegally ride your bike on Tioga Road while it's closed.
May 12, 2015 08:25AM
Nice bear, but look at the yellow lines. It appears that the yellow on the right side, just before the curve, is "broken" meaning you can pass on that blind curve coming up?
avatar Re: Bear Head What could occur if you try to illegally ride your bike on Tioga Road while it's closed.
May 12, 2015 10:02AM
Looks reel too me.

Why eye don't hitchhike in da park.

Chick-on is looking at you!
chick-on

Why eye don't hitchhike in da park.

Good idea, seems bears (like everyone & everything else) like chicken:

I think this one is real too smiling smiley
May 12, 2015 02:42PM
My lifelong bucket list:

(x) Go to Yosemite
(x) See a bear
(x) Hike Half Dome
(x) Eat Curry Village pizza
( ) Learn how to Photoshop
May 13, 2015 05:08AM
AnotherDave
My lifelong bucket list:

(x) Go to Yosemite
(x) See a bear
(x) Hike Half Dome

No Yellowstone?
AnotherDave
My lifelong bucket list:

(x) Go to Yosemite
(x) See a bear
(x) Hike Half Dome

My bucket list must have 100 things on it. I would have to live to 125, travel most of the year and be as rich as Donald Trump to do it all.
May 13, 2015 02:08PM
parklover
be as rich as Donald Trump

Okay, but not if the hair is a requirement.
Oh no, I hope the hair is not required. LOL You would think that someone with that much money would have a better hair stylist. Or, maybe he likes people to talk about it.
eeek,

I would love to go to all the National Parks, but it is
hard to think that any could hold a candle to Yosemite.
AnotherDave
eeek,

Agree. Yosemite is better.
plawrence
AnotherDave
eeek,

Agree. Yosemite is better.

I have been to many national parks and I have found that while Yosemite is my favorite, the other parks have things that are special and unique to them. Each is a gem in it's own right and many I have gone to more than once and some I have been to multiple times.
May 14, 2015 12:48AM
AnotherDave

Yellowstone is not Yosemite but it is still a must see.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2015 12:54AM by eeek.
eeek
AnotherDave

Yellowstone is not Yosemite but it is still a must see.

You are so right. Yellowstone has a special place in my heart and you can't beat the wildlife viewing there. Then there are the geysers, the rivers, the lakes............
parklover

You are so right. Yellowstone has a special place in my heart and you can't beat the wildlife viewing there. Then there are the geysers, the rivers, the lakes............

True. But Yosemite is still better.

#YOSEMITEisBETTER

smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login