Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Half Dome from the Four Mile Trail to Glacier Point, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (81% of Full)

Advanced

Re: snowstorm flattened spring wildflowers

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

snowstorm flattened spring wildflowers
May 11, 2015 09:56PM

After 3 months chasing wildflowers elsewhere in the state, it was time to visit the Sierra Nevada. Well at least our yellow pine region. I often visit the foothill regions, ie Merced River Canyon below the park, in March but this year of 2015 was much too droughty with better places in the state to spend my days. My first visit on the link below was on Saturday May 3 and second on Friday May 8 as the snowstorm waned.

Some of our Yosemite spring wildflowers were not too happy about that snowstorm though for us it gave the region a welcome soaking. The previous Saturday I had worked some wildflower areas about Tuolumne River canyon areas both inside the park at Mather along the Hetch Hetchy Road and along the canyon outside the park in the horribly destroyed Rim Fire areas with many species in the 3.5k to 5.5k elevations near peak. The ash loving lupine species were making an expected good show. Some of those areas had obviously received a bit of thunderstorm watering during the previous couple weeks as water was still running off areas of granite slabs. But several inches of the new snow rather flattened some species which made for some interesting close-up images.

Spring 2015 Trip Chronicles: Page 6

http://www.davidsenesac.com
May 11, 2015 10:15PM
I looked at all the pictures from page 6. So beautiful. Thank you for posting.
May 12, 2015 11:46AM
lovely!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login