Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Tenaya Lake, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (80% of Full)

Advanced

upper pines site 098 info

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

upper pines site 098 info
May 19, 2015 12:13PM
Hi All
Sorry if this has been asked previously, but I could not find anything.....
I am going to Yosemite next week and it is calling for rain, I had planed on staying in my tent, but since the weather change I can take either a 29 ft 5th wheel or a
23ft 5th wheel. Has anyone had experience with this site?
Thanks
avatar Re: upper pines site 098 info
May 19, 2015 12:42PM
Mellanie,

Could you be a little more specific as to what you're interested in? (for example: "Do the squirrels in that site run up your leg?" ) grinning smiley
I've never stayed in that site. If it's the parking pad size you're curious about for your 5th wheels, it is officially listed by the NPS as:

98: SHADED 30X10 W/7' (with 7 feet of clearance behind the parking pad).
avatar Re: upper pines site 098 info
May 19, 2015 01:06PM
Re: upper pines site 098 info
May 19, 2015 01:09PM
I've only stayed in 99. you have to take in consideration...the access to the site...trees and rocks alongside the road.

Last week, I saw a 32 'to 35' 5th wheel fit into a site that I never would thought possible. But the truck had to park elsewhere. Then one site down, it was impossible for a smaller pull trailer to get into his site.

Last year, we had a 35' site that was smaller than a 24' site that we had a month later. (Fitting both 5th wheel and truck.)

Look at yosemitecampsites.com
May 20, 2015 08:29AM
May 20, 2015 08:48AM
You said you are going "next week"; If your next week starts on Monday the weather I'm looking at shows sunny all week. Are you sure you are not looking at this week's forecast?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login