Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Falls

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (81% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Tuolumne Hikers Bus Start Date Postponed

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Tuolumne Hikers Bus Start Date Postponed
May 27, 2015 12:11PM
Due to unforeseen circumstances, the Tuolumne Hikers Bus was unable to begin operation this weekend as planned. A new start date has yet to be determined. The Tuolumne Shuttle, which runs between Tuolumne Lodge and Olmsted Point, did begin operating this weekend and will run daily from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM.
May 29, 2015 08:58PM
I am very curious about this bus. According to this page it is not the Tuolumne Hiker bus that used to run just once a day between the Valley and Tuolumne for a fee of $12 or so. Instead it's a free bus with three or four runs per day. Exciting!
May 30, 2015 12:53AM
KatyAnderson
I am very curious about this bus. According to this page it is not the Tuolumne Hiker bus that used to run just once a day between the Valley and Tuolumne for a fee of $12 or so. Instead it's a free bus with three or four runs per day. Exciting!

This might be totally wrong, but I'm going to assume this is one of the benefits brought forth by the entrance fee hikes. At least partially true, methinks. Been waiting for something like this for years. Can easily hike up to Olmsted Point from the Valley in a day, for example. Now there's a shuttle to bring you back to the valley in the night. smiling smiley

Now if they could just keep the Grill open a tad longer...tongue sticking out smiley
June 01, 2015 10:01AM
I called this morning and spoke to an agent who verified with his supervisor that it is running now, it is free this year, and the schedule showing several buses per day is valid.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login