Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (56% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Binoculars

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

July 07, 2015 10:48PM
kind of a weird question.... i use Nikon Travelite II binoculars to find climbers on El Cap from the meadow below, but they just are quite good enough for my liking... i don't know jack squat about binoculars. can anyone suggest a pair that would be a really good pair? (well, no more than $300 lol)..

thanks for any help
July 08, 2015 09:55AM
don't ur green glasses give u 1000x mag already?

tongue sticking out smiley

Chick-on is looking at you!
July 08, 2015 12:43PM
I bought a pair of Nikon Prostaff 7 (now onto model 7S ?) for the in-laws, as they safari in Africa just about every year. They love them, and brought them to Yosemite on a recent camping trip. They work really well, and are built well- in my belief particularly well for more rugged application than others may be. Only pair I have ever purchased, though. Link to REI for said binoculars.
July 08, 2015 07:38PM
I like the Canon 10x30 IS binoculars--the image stabilization makes a ton of difference when observing for a long time hand-held. Alas, while they were in your price range when I bought my pair, they no longer are. The 8x25s are just over $300, however, although they will be a bit more dim.
July 09, 2015 08:25AM
Leupold Yosemite, aptly named, are the hunting binoculars I bought. Available at Cabelas for $129
July 09, 2015 11:36AM
forrestranger
kind of a weird question.... i use Nikon Travelite II binoculars to find climbers on El Cap from the meadow below, but they just are quite good enough for my liking... i don't know jack squat about binoculars. can anyone suggest a pair that would be a really good pair? (well, no more than $300 lol)..

thanks for any help

Get these 10 x 42 Nikon Monarch 5 binoculars with ED glass. They're worth every penny (and they'll fit your budget):

http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-7577-Monarch-Binocular-Black/dp/B00C66C784/?tag=skeartcom-20

July 12, 2015 04:37PM
thanks a ton guys!
August 12, 2015 09:54AM
Celestron 15x70....but these are star gazers.....not made for a backpack.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login