Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
A Yosemite bear

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (59% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Happi Bird-Day JustKeepWalking!

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Happi Bird-Day JustKeepWalking!
July 28, 2015 05:26AM
Happy Birthday JKW/JKS/Sandbagger/Flipper!
tongue sticking out smiley

Cereallesslee, hope you Half a Dome a great day.

You can sing the Beattles Song tho...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjF1bG5LUcs

(due to 58 ... it's my birthday too) (all year)

Thank ewe sew sew much for all the planning,
scheming, dreaming, hiking, and laughs.
So many trips. So many great memories.
Am so grateful. Thank you!

A few photos of JKW. It's what she duz.

Love the polish...

Happy to share

Mt. Tam is that way?

And the boating... forgot to mention the boating...

And, of course, Yosemite is Better
smiling smiley

Happy Birthday!

May you have many more 29th birthdays!
smiling smiley

Kindest Regards,
w/ Love,
Chick-on is looking at you!

Sorry, you still owe me the mil tho. tongue sticking out smiley

July 28, 2015 07:59AM
Happy B-day! Thank you for sharing all those great trips and pictures, it is much appreciated (:
July 28, 2015 10:56AM
Happy Birthday JKW. I hope you are out doing what you love today. Thanks for all the trip reports. Cake and Candle
July 29, 2015 12:09PM
parklover
Happy Birthday JKW. I hope you are out doing what you love today. Thanks for all the trip reports. Cake and Candle

Thanks for he Happy Birthday and the thanks on the trip reports! Figure it's worth giving back to those who have shared, and hopefully inspire others... Or at least entertain. Really nice to get feedback through... Makes a huge difference!
July 29, 2015 01:26PM
JustKeepWalking
parklover

Thanks for he Happy Birthday and the thanks on the trip reports! Figure it's worth giving back to those who have shared, and hopefully inspire others... Or at least entertain. Really nice to get feedback through... Makes a huge difference!

Since I can't backpack or even do long day hikes anymore, everyone's trip reports and pictures take me to places that I can't get to myself. I really appreciate all the time that people take posting their reports and pictures. It brings me joy seeing people doing what they love so thank you for "taking me along" with you.
July 28, 2015 03:58PM
Oh, thank you, Chick-on, for the kind words! The trips this year have been fabulous! All the trips have been! Lots of great memories!! And definitely looking forward to more!

But special thanks to you for expanding my horizons... Been lots of fun learning from and sharing experices with you!

Hiking with you, OD, Bearproof, AndrewF has been pure joy for me, and I'm thankful for the forum bringing us together!

Thanks to all for your wishes here and texts and calls! Really appreciate hearing from you!
July 28, 2015 04:47PM
Happy birthday! Hope you get to spend an awesome day at Yose for it!

-Kevin
July 28, 2015 07:37PM
I had my first birthday backpacking trip in Yosemite last weekend.. Before my birthday...

Looking forward to this weekend in Yosemite again... The weekend after at our friends' wedding in Yosemite! (How awesome is that???)

And then the weekend after will probably be back in Yosemite... The weekend after, SEKI... And so it goes. Milking it for all it's worth!! Dancing GIrl

Soooo... Not too bummed I spent today with various friends at home!!! It was an AWESOME day!!!
July 29, 2015 06:08AM
Looks like I'm a day late but happy birthday, L. Sounds like you've got plenty of celebrating lined up!
July 29, 2015 12:06PM
DavidK42
Looks like I'm a day late but happy birthday, L. Sounds like you've got plenty of celebrating lined up!

Oh yah.. Long time ago a good friend said why just a day? Take the month!!! I liked that idea!!!

And someone on this forum has extended his to a year... As payback for a perceived slight...(#58... Ahem).... But I might be taking a page out of his playbook and try to keep this going..

How the Chick-on travels
avatar Re: Happi Bird-Day JustKeepWalking!
July 28, 2015 05:35PM
Happy Birthday L.

Old Dude
July 28, 2015 07:38PM
Thank you so much for calling and chatting today!

Really appreciated it!!
July 28, 2015 06:04PM
Happy bird-day to the bestest sis-in-law!
July 28, 2015 07:31PM
Hey!

Great to hear from you here!!!

Thanks!!!!
July 28, 2015 08:23PM
Happy Birthday JKW!
July 28, 2015 08:38PM
Thank you very much!!!
July 29, 2015 12:06AM
Happy B'day JKW!!! Hope you are having a blast!

ChickOn - great shot of Yose is Better!
July 29, 2015 12:02PM
Thank you so much!!!

Hope u r recovering well!!! Back to hiking yet??? Take it easy!!!
July 29, 2015 05:47PM
Late but wanted to wish you a happy-happy from Billy Joel and Firecracker!
July 29, 2015 09:07PM
JRinGeorgia
Late but wanted to wish you a happy-happy from Billy Joel and Firecracker!

Thank you!!! Late is just fine!!! Gonna be having birthday trips with various folks through the month, anyway!!!

Hope you and Firefracker are doing well! We were just telling some friends about what happened on your trip... We all felt for you both...

Here's hoping we see you again on your next trip!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2015 09:07PM by JustKeepWalking.
July 30, 2015 06:20PM
Happy Belated!! I hope your celebrations were enjoyable. Have fun on your upcoming trips!
August 03, 2015 08:26PM
Torero14
Happy Belated!! I hope your celebrations were enjoyable. Have fun on your upcoming trips!

plawrence
A belated Happy Birthday, JKW!

Looks like your birthday celebration will continue throughout this upcoming weekend. Have a lot of fun out there!

Thanks, guys! Had a GREAT weekend! Included all kinds of good stuff. Great company, high elevation, great views, stormy days, clear days, short days, long days, tasty breakfasts and awesome XC. Fun fun fun... Only downside: hitting car at 7 PM doesn't sound so bad.. til you realize you are on East Side, need to eat dinner, need to gather cars (shuttle trip), and drive all the way back home... 2:26 AM this morning parked in driveway. 3 AM on nose in bed. Zombie today... But SOOOO worth it!!!
August 06, 2015 06:54AM
JustKeepWalking
Torero14

plawrence

Looks like your birthday celebration will continue throughout this upcoming weekend. Have a lot of fun out there!

Thanks, guys! Had a GREAT weekend! Included all kinds of good stuff. Great company, high elevation, great views, stormy days, clear days, short days, long days, tasty breakfasts and awesome XC. Fun fun fun... Only downside: hitting car at 7 PM doesn't sound so bad.. til you realize you are on East Side, need to eat dinner, need to gather cars (shuttle trip), and drive all the way back home... 2:26 AM this morning parked in driveway. 3 AM on nose in bed. Zombie today... But SOOOO worth it!!!

Indeedy...
Z Hash-a-brown wuz deeeee lish...

And... finally... ewe carry me!

July 30, 2015 09:58PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login