Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Falls

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (83% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Tuolumne Meadow to be closed Aug 17 thru August 21

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Tuolumne Meadow to be closed Aug 17 thru August 21
August 14, 2015 09:19AM
Just had my reservation canceled due to closure of the TM campground for spraying. I was reserved 8/16/ to 8/20. Anybody else heard of this closure. Was really looking forward to seeing my favorite place this year.
avatar Re: Tuolumne Meadow to be closed Aug 17 thru August 21
August 14, 2015 09:56AM
tmcamper
Just had my reservation canceled due to closure of the TM campground for spraying. I was reserved 8/16/ to 8/20. Anybody else heard of this closure. Was really looking forward to seeing my favorite place this year.

Tuolumne Meadows Campground closes August 17 at noon and reopens on August 21 at noon

A squirrel from Tuolumne Meadows Campground was recently found to have died from plague. Plague is a non-native disease most often spread to both humans and wildlife through flea bites. Treating the campground with deltamethrin will protect both human and wildlife health by killing the fleas that spread the disease.

Old Dude
August 14, 2015 10:39AM
Pardon my ignorance, but does plague get spread to humans through:
1) Bite only
2) Body secretions (i.e. squirrel was in your campsite, picnic bench, etc)
3) Other
I was in TM for several days two weeks ago.
avatar Re: Tuolumne Meadow to be closed Aug 17 thru August 21
August 14, 2015 10:58AM
September 17, 2015 08:52AM
Took awhile but Rec.gov processed my refund for the 4 day TM cancellation due to plague spraying.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login