Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Bridalveil Falls, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (74% of Full)

Advanced

Upper Pines campsite sharing - 11/25-11/29

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Upper Pines campsite sharing - 11/25-11/29
September 24, 2015 01:07PM
Looking to see if anyone has space for 2 grownups (1 tent, their vehicle will stay in my site) for the above dates (or know of anyone who does)? It will only be for sleeping purposes. I currently have a site with 4 of us already and need to accommodate another 4 (which by rules I can only add 2). If anyone is willing to help out it would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Re: Upper Pines campsite sharing - 11/25-11/29
September 25, 2015 02:57PM
Hopefully I won't ruffle feathers but... If you only have 2 vehicles (park the extras in Curry Orchard lot) AND you (and any children) behave yourselves AND you don't pitch an abundance of tents AND you're kind to your neighbors, you have an excellent chance of accommodating 8 guests without a problem. Have fun!
September 25, 2015 04:19PM
Will only have 2 vehicles total (my parents & sisters family will also have vehicles but they are staying at Curry). It would be 3 tents (fairly large ones) but the site is very big. I thought about just doing it but if the rangers say anything its a long way back to Oregon for my unhappy friends...LOL
September 25, 2015 08:39PM
I understand. I have broken the "occupancy rules" many times in the Valley and there has never been a problem. We are usually out and about most of the day, quite and considerate during dinner time then most of us are off to bed before 10:00 pm. Unless someone complains about your behavior, I seriously doubt anyone cares. The campground hosts call it a day at around 5:00pm. The Ranger Vehicle patrols, after dark, are watching for the obnoxious party crowd, mondo campfires and obvious infractions. (yes, and bears behaving badly) The Rangers and NPS employees on foot (after dark) are mainly concerned with campfire restrictions (May thru September) and Bear Rule Compliance. If you don't find another site to share, I don't think they would ever throw 2 of you out. Perhaps someone else will chime in....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2015 05:03AM by troutwild.
avatar Re: Upper Pines campsite sharing - 11/25-11/29
September 26, 2015 12:08AM
troutwild
The Ranger Vehicle patrols, after dark, are watching for the obnoxious party crowd, mondo campfires and obvious infractions.

And bears!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login