Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Nevada Falls

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (81% of Full)

nordvpn

Advanced

Camping in Yosemite next week, North or Upper Pines?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Camping in Yosemite next week, North or Upper Pines?
October 14, 2015 09:47AM
I've never camped in the Valley before. Anyone recommend either one? Lower Pines was booked.
I am going to stay Wednesday night and hopefully Thursday night.
avatar Re: Camping in Yosemite next week, North or Upper Pines?
October 14, 2015 12:15PM
It really depends on the actual campsites that are available. In general, the campsites in North Pines are smaller than the ones in Upper Pines, but there some really nice campsites in North Pines that border the Merced River.

It also depends what your hiking plans are. Upper Pines is closer to the Happy Isles trailhead but North Pines is closer to the rest of Yosemite Valley. The campsites in North Pines also tend to be a bit warmer during the day because they get more sunlight than most campsites that are located in Upper Pines.
Re: Camping in Yosemite next week, North or Upper Pines?
October 14, 2015 06:15PM
Thanks. I'm actually going to do Yosemite Falls trail. I've done Vernal / Nevada Falls several times, including a couple of months ago.
Re: Camping in Yosemite next week, North or Upper Pines?
October 14, 2015 09:20PM
I always liked the back loop in Upper Pines closest to Happy Isle - the even numbers 218 through 232. But, it has been a while since I camped there. You can see pictures of the sites at this website. http://yosemitecampsites.com/upperpines/index.php/234
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login