Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Bridalveil Falls, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (85% of Full)

Advanced

Re: 4 Mile Trail Closed

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

November 23, 2015 11:06AM
The 4 Mile Trail is closed for the winter season. The trail is closed just below Union Point, 2.8 miles from the valley floor.
November 23, 2015 04:20PM
eeek
The 4 Mile Trail is closed for the winter season. The trail is closed just below Union Point, 2.8 miles from the valley floor.

Isn't this Winter Closure gate at the point where the old Four Mile Trail diverges from the current trail up towards Union Point?

I used to think that they closed the trail further down at the gate that's located below Sentinel Rock.

Re: 4 Mile Trail Closed
November 23, 2015 05:23PM
plawrence
eeek

Isn't this Winter Closure gate at the point where the old Four Mile Trail diverges from the current trail up towards Union Point?

I used to think that they closed the trail further down at the gate that's located below Sentinel Rock.

Yes, there are two gates--one that's a few hundred yards up the trail from the trailhead (but still a good distance from Sentinel Rock) and another one that's below Union Point. The second one is just past where the old trail to Union Point diverges from the current one. This overgrown trail segment is not a viable way to bypass the upper gate. My hunch is that the lower gate is used for temporary closures (rockfall, unusually heavy snow, etc.)
November 24, 2015 06:46AM
Der also gate up furder...

tongue sticking out smiley

(z park service allow anyone brave nuff to wear shaggadelic gaiters free passes thru all gates)
(real and imaginaree)

Chick-on is looking at you!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login