Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (86% of Full)

nordvpn

Advanced

Camping at President Day weekend

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Camping at President Day weekend
February 09, 2016 12:47AM
Hi everyone,

I am going to Yosemite this coming weekend but I completely did not realize they opened Upper Pine Campsite reservation after Feb 11 until now.

Now, I see all campsites are booked sad smiley Can someone give me a suggestion of where to find a campsite? I probably arrive at 2pm on Saturday.

Thanks.
Re: Camping at President Day weekend
February 09, 2016 10:45AM
Keep checking the reservation site, as often as possible. I have been able to snag reservations for summer a week before doing that.
February 09, 2016 12:13PM
Yang,
As a normal winter procedure, only the lower half of Upper Pines campground is available and as you mentioned, it's now on the reservation system and fully booked for this weekend. They are currently working discussing with maintenance personnel and road crews to re-establish water service, open the bathrooms and remove snow in another loop (by this weekend). As hotrod4x5 said, keep checking recreation.gov and if you don't find a site by Thursday, call the reservation office and inquire about the progress on the forth loop. 209-372-8502
February 09, 2016 04:08PM
I see availability now. Maybe check again?
February 09, 2016 07:56PM
Look like I missed it. I will keep an eye on it.

Thanks everyone!

recycling1991
I see availability now. Maybe check again?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login