Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Dogwood bloom in Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (59% of Full)

Advanced

Yosemite trademark dispute takes new turns in law and politics

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Yosemite trademark dispute takes new turns in law and politics
February 18, 2016 06:27PM
Re: Yosemite trademark dispute takes new turns in law and politics
February 18, 2016 08:57PM
Why would DNC filed a bid protest before they knew they lost the contract? What were they thinking?
avatar Re: Yosemite trademark dispute takes new turns in law and politics
March 11, 2016 06:31PM
parklover
Why would DNC filed a bid protest before they knew they lost the contract? What were they thinking?

They were basically complaining that NPS was erasing their inherent advantage, and that they could have modified their bid.

Strangely enough, other big concessionaires have sued NPS. Xanterra sued NPS over the way contracts were handled at Grand Canyon NP. Xanterra didn't like that NPS was buying out their interest in the infrastructure that Xanterra built. It's pretty obvious that they believed it gave them an advantage compared to other bidders that would have to buy them out, and they didn't like NPS erasing part of that advantage. They also complained that the contract was split up, and actually Delaware North managed to bid successfully for one of them.

http://azdailysun.com/news/local/contracts-upend-life-at-grand-canyon/article_1b376e1d-4c1a-51d2-b573-33291aff5168.html
http://www.denverpost.com/business/ci_26689819/xanterra-sues-over-national-parks-changes-grand-canyon
Re: Yosemite trademark dispute takes new turns in law and politics
March 16, 2016 05:31PM
DNC can't feel singled out since, as I understand it, all new contracts are going to remove the inherit advantage. They also should have not been surprised since it had already happened with the Grand Canyon which was to their advantage. If I were DNC, with the contract coming up for renewal in Sequoia, I would have been not making waves at this time with Yosemite. If they lose the contract and decide to keep the name Wuksachi Village, it is not a historical name so I would not be as upset as I am about Yosemite name issues.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login