Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Pothole Dome (Tuolumne Meadows, Yosemite National Park)

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (57% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Highway 41 YARTS Notice

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

February 22, 2016 12:23PM
Effective March 1, 2o16, the YARTS bus stop at the Oakhurst Raley’s shopping center will no longer exist. Parking is available on the highway in front of the Oakhurst Best Western. YARTS buses will only depart from the Oakhurst Best Western until further notice.
avatar Re: Highway 41 YARTS Notice
February 22, 2016 02:45PM
eeek
Effective March 1, 2o16, the YARTS bus stop at the Oakhurst Raley’s shopping center will no longer exist. Parking is available on the highway in front of the Oakhurst Best Western. YARTS buses will only depart from the Oakhurst Best Western until further notice.

Too many Yosemite visitors parking all day at the Raley's shopping center??? Tsk, tsk.. if they were.
February 23, 2016 08:48AM
Have you ever tried to drive a 45 foot bus through a parking lot like that?
February 23, 2016 10:09AM
Dave
Have you ever tried to drive a 45 foot bus through a parking lot like that?

The Raley's in Oakhurst has been a regular haunt of mine for years, as I stop there every time on my way into the Valley for a camping stay.
I have not seen a Yarts bus that I can recall, but those humongous tour buses filled with Japanese or German (etc.) tourists stop there like clockwork.
They all pour out of the bus and then into Raley's like a swarm, and woe to anyone else who might have designs on using the restrooms for instance, as the
line is a mile long. Same thing at the Von's across the street. The Japanese will pose smiling in front of boxes of food in an aisle, while their friends snap
photos of them, as I pass by with my mouth hanging agape in bewilderment! eye popping smiley
February 24, 2016 08:32AM
I know those tour buses. They spend at least 2 hours, often 4, driving to the Park only to stay in the Park for less than an hour, then another 2 to 4 hour drive back. Makes no sense to me, but they love it and keep coming.
Re: Highway 41 YARTS Notice
February 24, 2016 09:20AM
The tour buses drive me nuts. They dump out huge amounts of loud people at Tunnel View, Valley View and other areas of the park, leave their buses running even though they are not supposed to and crowd you out so you can't take any pictures, enjoy the view or the quiet of nature. Not to mention the cigarette smoke wafting in the air and the throwing of butts on the ground that I end up picking up after they leave.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login