Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (79% of Full)

Advanced

Re: The new reservation site is up!

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

The new reservation site is up!
March 01, 2016 09:02AM
Well, sort of. The web page for lodge reservations came up at 8am, but was running so slowly that it took an hour to process a reservation for three lodge rooms on a date in April. I think that part of the problem was that the credit card confirmation would time out because the bank wouldn't accept a transaction at that slow a pace.

http://www.travelyosemite.com/lodging/yosemite-valley-lodge/

The pages for Curry Village and the Ahwahnee weren't working yet the last that I checked....
March 01, 2016 10:07AM
When you go to just www.travelyosemite.com you still get the page that says that the site is coming. Went on the site you posted and you can see other things now.

The Bracebridge Dinner is now know as the Yuletide Dinner at Yosemite sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2016 10:43AM by parklover.
avatar Re: The new reservation site is up!
March 01, 2016 10:56AM
parklover
When you go to just www.travelyosemite.com you still get the page that says that the site is coming. Went on the site you posted and you can see other things now.

The Bracebridge Dinner is now know as the Yuletide Dinner at Yosemite sad smiley

http://www.travelyosemite.com/ is working now. Though the site (as probably expected) is slow.

I notice there's full availability at the Lodge for all dates year round (including all the summer months). I thought the existing reservations from DNC were going to transfer over to Aramark. This year the going rate for the Lodge room is $245 + hotel tax.

March 01, 2016 11:28AM
plawrence
parklover

http://www.travelyosemite.com/ is working now. Though the site (as probably expected) is slow.

I notice there's full availability at the Lodge for all dates year round (including all the summer months). I thought the existing reservations from DNC were going to transfer over to Aramark. This year the going rate for the Lodge room is $245 + hotel tax.

I have been playing around with the site and I no matter what month or day I pick you can't make on line reservations and you have to call. I don't think the site is up and running properly yet and yes existing reservations are supposed to carry over. The price is the same as I saw before and Aramark said that they were not going to change any prices at this time. I will have to find where I read it but Aramark is going to make changes to the Lodge Cafeteria and Degnan's. I am concerned about Degan's because it appears that the sandwiches might be eliminated and I really hope not. I also noticed that the former Mountain Room it is listed as now being open for breakfast, lunch and dinner and not just dinner as before. Maybe that is because the cafeteria is one of the things they want to change first. I called the activity desk about Badger. The website does state that they will honor season passes but I wondered about the Spring Fest and I also noticed that they are saying it will close in April. The person I talked to said it might be opened past the usual last weekend of March because of when Easter is this year. I had always thought that the closing was at the end of March because of nesting birds that would be arriving to the meadow area of Badger. He said to call back in a few week to make sure. Poor guy kept calling things by the old name and correcting himself. I told him not to worry because everyone is having the same problem. I also noticed that the Badger cam is down and since it was on DNC's site, I wonder when it will be up again.
March 04, 2016 10:40AM
The Valley needs another choice for breakfast. The mountain room expanding its menu is a great idea.
March 04, 2016 11:17AM
hotrod4x5
The Valley needs another choice for breakfast. The mountain room expanding its menu is a great idea.
I agree. I also wish that they bring back something similar to The Four Seasons restaurant that was at the lodge. It was nice to have a sit down restaurant with waiters with more moderately priced food than you get at the Mountain Room and was better than you what you could get in the food court. Some of the same items that were on the Mountain Room menu was also served.
avatar Re: The new reservation site is up!
March 04, 2016 08:49PM
I hope Aramark refurbishes and updates the Degnan's Loft and has it opened for a longer period of time, if not year-round. During the winter season, dinner options are worse than even the limited breakfast options when Curry Village Half Dome Village is closed during the winter weekdays.

Leave No Trace
March 05, 2016 07:51AM
plawrence
I hope Aramark refurbishes and updates the Degnan's Loft and has it opened for a longer period of time, if not year-round. During the winter season, dinner options are worse than even the limited breakfast options when Curry Village Half Dome Village is closed during the winter weekdays.

I have read in several newspaper articles that Degnan's Deli and the Loft are going to be renovated first. "Degnan’s Deli in Yosemite Village is scheduled to be the first big remodel next winter. The old sandwich shop, company officials said, will become a modern bakery with fresh breads and pizzas and an expanded selection of beer and wine on tap". I hope this doesn't mean that you no longer can get the special sandwiches that we have been getting for years. I wonder if in the winter the loft is still going to be turned into The Caribiner for employees only like it has been for a long time.
March 04, 2016 10:57AM
Question about Curry cafeteria (or whatever its called for now)...
Has it gone back to the buffet-style breakfast of years past?
March 04, 2016 11:19AM
markskor
Question about Curry cafeteria (or whatever its called for now)...
Has it gone back to the buffet-style breakfast of years past?

I don't know since we usually don't eat breakfast at Curry and we have not been to the park since New Years. I have not see any menus on Aramark's website yet like DNC had on theirs.
March 05, 2016 08:10AM
We got coffee at Curry a couple weekends ago and the breakfast offerings were more cafeteria style plus the items usually offered at the Coffee Bar, which was closed. But that all may've changed in the past couple of weeks....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login