Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Bridalveil Falls, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (79% of Full)

JanSport

Advanced

Double Fatal Crash Near Yosemite

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Double Fatal Crash Near Yosemite
April 06, 2016 02:02PM
Two people are dead after a head-on crash on Highway 140 heading into Yosemite National Park in Mariposa County .

http://www.mymotherlode.com/news/local/262506/double-fatal-near-yosemite.html
avatar Passing of Long Time Community Member
April 06, 2016 02:04PM
This is likely related:

It is with great sadness that we learned of the passing of Missy Carter yesterday. She was involved in a tragic car accident in the Merced River Canyon. Missy was a long-term Yosemite employee who did a great job serving as the Campground Manager for many years. She spent most of her career here in Yosemite and grew up in El Portal. Missy was a truly wonderful person - kind, warm, always willing to help, and a pleasant person to be around. Missy's contributions to the Yosemite community are immeasurable. Our thoughts and best wishes are with the Carter family. (D. Neubacher on behalf of the Executive Leadership Team)
avatar Re: Double Fatal Crash Near Yosemite
April 07, 2016 07:27AM
I worked with her for many years. She will be missed. sad smiley
Re: Double Fatal Crash Near Yosemite
April 07, 2016 08:33AM
My condolences to the family of those who passed away and to those that feel the pain of their loss. I drive 140 to the park at least 3 times a month, usually on the weekends. COME ON PEOPLE SLOW DOWN, and HAVE PATIENCE. not saying that speed or rage of any kind was involved with this accident, but I have personally witnessed so much excessive speed, aggressive driving, passing on blind turns, between Briceburg and Yosemite that when i get to this section of road, i usually tense up especially if its leaving the park late afternoons. Only a matter of time im sure before i am involved with something. Funny thing is that In 15 years of driving this section of road i dont recall one time ever seeing anyone so much as being pulled over by a police or park ranger in this area. Now around Cathies Valley and Mariposa, thats a speed trap all day long. Just my 2 cents. Hug your family, you just never know.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login