Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Nevada Falls

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (78% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Tamarack Campground

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Tamarack Campground
May 14, 2016 10:53AM
Hi- I am interested in camping @ Tamarack Flat the first week of June... seems like on the historical chart that it does open in May/June on light (drought) years which I know this is not but I was wondering if anyone has any "sense" of this sort of thing. I notice on the official websites they always list July for openings of any campgrounds off of Tioga Rd but they actually tend to open earlier in many years.

Also noticed when doing a search that last year it closed the second week of June for "Spiritual Camp" and some folks were posting that this seems to be a regular occurrence for Tamarack...

Any info?
Thanks!
May 14, 2016 10:26PM
lilagray
Also noticed when doing a search that last year it closed the second week of June for "Spiritual Camp" and some folks were posting that this seems to be a regular occurrence for Tamarack...

Any info?
Thanks!

Yes, it is.

It's the annual Yosemite Indians pow wow only open to them and their guests.

Leave No Trace
Re: Tamarack Campground
May 15, 2016 04:37PM
plawrence
lilagray

Any info?
Thanks!

Yes, it is.

It's the annual Yosemite Indians pow wow only open to them and their guests.

And my complaint every year is not that they take over the campground, but that they block the trail head and parking lot on a week that I want to do some hiking there. Not that they are doing anything relevant to the trail head, which they aren't. They block it off because they allowed to do so....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login