Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (62% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Names

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Names
May 18, 2016 09:53PM
Anyone hear any chatter lately about the Yosemite name litigation? I keep hoping there will be a big announcement at some point that an agreement has been met and we are back to the old names... Curry Village, Wawona, Awahnee, etc...

Updates??
May 18, 2016 11:53PM
lilagray
Anyone hear any chatter lately about the Yosemite name litigation? I keep hoping there will be a big announcement at some point that an agreement has been met and we are back to the old names... Curry Village, Wawona, Awahnee, etc...

Updates??
I have not seen anything recently. The last thing I heard was that the park has petitioned the Patent Office to revoke DNC's trademarks and the case will not be heard until 2017.
May 19, 2016 12:39PM
that can't be anything but bad news for 'Yosemite Conservancy' as, despite the fact that they sell only a few items illustrating Half Dome, nowhere could I find reference to 'Half Dome' souvenirs. SO: the sooner the much-vaunted US legal system gets its a**e in gear and sorts this nonsense out, the sooner we can all get back to being visitors with enough backbone to call a half dome a Half Dome and strip back every piece of illegal black tape that is, in itself an eyesore, an unreserved act of vandalism instituted by Big Business, and direct our energy into more worthwhile activities.hot smiley
May 19, 2016 05:46PM
pines
that can't be anything but bad news for 'Yosemite Conservancy' as, despite the fact that they sell only a few items illustrating Half Dome, nowhere could I find reference to 'Half Dome' souvenirs. SO: the sooner the much-vaunted US legal system gets its a**e in gear and sorts this nonsense out, the sooner we can all get back to being visitors with enough backbone to call a half dome a Half Dome and strip back every piece of illegal black tape that is, in itself an eyesore, an unreserved act of vandalism instituted by Big Business, and direct our energy into more worthwhile activities.hot smiley

But DNC didn't trademark Half Dome. You can not get a trademark on a geologic feature. This is also why you will still see signs and references to Badger Pass. However, they did trademark Badger Pass Ski Area so that can't be used.
May 20, 2016 12:58PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login