Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Half Dome, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (83% of Full)

Advanced

Trivial sentence for Yosemite vandalism

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Trivial sentence for Yosemite vandalism
June 14, 2016 12:36PM
See:

http://www.eastbaytimes.com/california/ci_30014559/woman-sentenced-defacing-yosemite-other-national-park-rock?source=rss

excerpts from this copyrighted article:

Over a 26-day period in September and October 2014, Nocket vandalized Yosemite National Park, Death Valley National Park at the summit of Telescope Peak Canyon Trail, Rocky Mountain National Park and Colorado National Monument in Colorado, Canyonlands National Park on the Neck Spring Trail and Zion National Park in Utah, and Crater Lake National Park in Oregon.

.....A 23-year-old San Diego woman was sentenced to two years' probation and 200 hours of community service for damaging some of the most picturesque rock formations in seven national parks by drawing or painting on them using acrylic paints and markers......

If you think that this is way too light a sentence, you're with me. She ought to spend every Saturday and Sunday cleaning out park toilets in San Diego (or wherever she happens to be) for the next few years, at the very least.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2016 02:38PM by wherever.
Re: Trivial sentence for Yosemite vandalism
June 14, 2016 09:52PM
You should have seen the toilets at Glacier Pt on Memorial Day Weekend. Those would be a just punishment for her. I also think she should have gotten more. Maybe 500 hours and 5 years probation.
June 24, 2016 01:10PM
Sorry, can't agree, as I don't believe in cruel or unusual punishments. you can't expect a young woman to clean out bogs with two broken arms!!eye rolling smiley
June 24, 2016 04:19PM
pines
Sorry, can't agree, as I don't believe in cruel or unusual punishments. you can't expect a young woman to clean out bogs with two broken arms!!eye rolling smiley
LOL Or legs.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login