Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Half Dome from the Four Mile Trail to Glacier Point, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (83% of Full)

JanSport - Accept no Imitations. The Original Backpack since 1967.

Advanced

Re: Neubacher retiring after complaints of hostile work environment

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Neubacher retiring after complaints of hostile work environment
September 29, 2016 12:01PM
September 29, 2016 01:21PM
And people say that Congress can't get anything done....;^)

Check our our website: http://www.backpackthesierra.com/
Or just read a good mystery novel set in the Sierra; https://www.amazon.com/Danger-Falling-Rocks-Paul-Wagner/dp/0984884963
September 29, 2016 03:45PM
Maybe they should have fired Jarvis at the same time. Allegations of harassment in multiple parks was investigated 16 years ago and Jarvis has been Director since 2009 and nothing had changed during his tenure.
September 30, 2016 07:57AM
I'm glad to see him go. Not working there, I don't know anything about the claims, but I think the park has been poorly managed.

As I had mentioned in some previous post, we visited Grand Canyon, Zion and Bryce this summer and all seemed better managed than Yosemite. And they can't give an excuse of high #s of visitors as Grand Canyon gets the same # too. Hopefully whoever takes the spot does a better job.

I was particularly impressed by the facilities at Grand Canyon, their shuttle system, their visitor services, their trails, signage, etc.
avatar Re: Neubacher retiring after complaints of hostile work environment
September 30, 2016 09:23AM
recycling1991
I'm glad to see him go. Not working there, I don't know anything about the claims, but I think the park has been poorly managed.

As I had mentioned in some previous post, we visited Grand Canyon, Zion and Bryce this summer and all seemed better managed than Yosemite. And they can't give an excuse of high #s of visitors as Grand Canyon gets the same # too. Hopefully whoever takes the spot does a better job.

I was particularly impressed by the facilities at Grand Canyon, their shuttle system, their visitor services, their trails, signage, etc.

The Superintendent at Grand Canyon NP resigned under allegations that he took no actions against harassment claims. He was previously the interim Superintendent at Yosemite but didn't get the permanent job.

http://www.nationalparkstraveler.com/2016/05/sexual-harassment-chapter-grand-canyon-national-park-leads-superintendent-retire
September 30, 2016 12:22PM
As I said, I don't know anything about the sexual harassment claims, but Grand Canyon is definitely better managed than Yosemite today.
avatar Re: Neubacher retiring after complaints of hostile work environment
October 03, 2016 10:39AM
October 03, 2016 11:17AM
As Deputy Regional Director of the Pacific West Regions, these complaints would have gone to her desk too and it appears that she didn't do anything either to stop things. Listening to the meeting, I heard that there was talk of people not wanting to come forward because of what they saw as conflict of interest and felt their complaints to her would have compromised their ability to remain anonymous to her husband as they filed their complaints. What gets me is the history of the NPS allowing people to be transferred or retired when if one did the same thing in other companies or organizations, they would be fired and not get their retirement benefits. This has certainly been a interesting 100th Anniversary for the NPS - harassment scandals, Jarvis's book issue and the forced name change in Yosemite.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login