Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Pothole Dome (Tuolumne Meadows, Yosemite National Park)

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (80% of Full)

Advanced

Re: My annual Dec. question: How'd everyone do this morning with Yosemite reservations for the first half of May?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

I didn't fare so well. Nabbed my wife's favorite Lower Pines site for one night only and then settled on a not so good site for 3 more nights. But we've always said it doesn't matter where you stay as long as you have a place to stay there....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2016 08:15AM by mtn man.
I got four nights in Upper Pines, but not my first choice of sites. We usually don't go to the valley in high season, so this was a trial run of the system for a late summer get together.
Booked the campsite at 7:01 so messed up on my timing (but still got a site next to my sister for 5 nights.) Had my first choice, but dumped it and changed when my sis got hers. Then we worked on it...sites came up again at about 20 after 7, secured a site for the other sister for the same 5 nights. Wasn't through with getting through the reservations until 7:40. But we did OK without the help of all of the folks we usually have on a dozen or more computers
know this has been addressed before, but any suggestions for tactics (either by telephone or online) on Reservation Day to get a spot near the front of the queue? looking at Tuolumne Meadows in July (R Day 2/15). please specify Pacific Standard Time. thanks in advance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2016 10:30AM by mkbgdns.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login