All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Snowshoeing or Hiking from Badger Pass
December 25, 2016 11:28AM
I called the Badger Pass line this morning and they won't be opening Tuesday because of insufficient snow. Has anyone been up there since the storm? Is the parking area accessible at Badger? Are conditions more for hiking or snowshoeing? I'm looking at going Tuesday. I've done Dewey Point several times. Is it hike-able or snowshoe conditions? I'm open to another destination from Badger if anyone has a suggestion.
avatar Re: Snowshoeing or Hiking from Badger Pass
December 25, 2016 12:53PM
Check the Badger web cam and decide. The cam at Sentinel Dome shows some in the trees there but that's at 8000'. Getting to Dewey would require hiking in from Chinquapin or Tunnel View. Actually if there is enough snow to shoe then hiking the old Glacier Point road bed from Chinquapin to Badger would be decent. That roadbed is a winter trail.

Old Dude
Re: Snowshoeing or Hiking from Badger Pass
December 27, 2016 03:20PM
Not sure what the snow is like right now but according to the yose condition site, GP road up to badger is still open so I would assume you could park at badger? Best to call though!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login