All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Hiker found dead, Yosemite Valley 1-6-17
January 08, 2017 09:38PM
http://abc30.com/news/hiker-found-dead-in-yosemite-valley/1692978/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2017 07:57AM by hotrod4x5.
Re: Hiker found dead, Yosemite Valley 1-6-17
January 09, 2017 09:03AM
Does anyone have any new info on this story?
February 15, 2017 10:03AM
All I have heard is about a fatality on the Four Mile trail (slipped on the section of trail that traverses the steep gullies, that fills with snow and makes a steep bank. Pretty much the reason the trail closes.) . Not sure if this is related to the news story, but that is my guess.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2017 10:29AM by buster.
February 16, 2017 01:31PM
There are similar sections after you've reached the top of the Koip Peak Pass switchbacks, sketchy areas where you really need to watch your footing. Or down the steep gully/chute you go. Not a whole lot of margin for error when it's not icy/slippery.

Sorry to hear about the person that lost his/her life on the 4.5 miler.
April 11, 2017 03:00AM
He was an amazing young man. Only 23 years old. Had his entire life ahead of him. He was one of the rare ones.
February 28, 2017 03:09PM
I hadn't seen the article, but just returned from a hike to Clark Point that day and went down to Curry to stop at the mountain shop. Noticed a helicopter hovering over the 4 mile area for a long time and knew that something had gone bad. Love our SAR folks, but always get an eerie feeling when I see the heli get deployed.
Heli Rescue/Recovery
February 28, 2017 04:14PM
MattDaddy56
I hadn't seen the article, but just returned from a hike to Clark Point that day and went down to Curry to stop at the mountain shop. Noticed a helicopter hovering over the 4 mile area for a long time and knew that something had gone bad. Love our SAR folks, but always get an eerie feeling when I see the heli get deployed.
Heli Rescue/Recovery

When I see/hear a helicopter, I'm hoping that they are out for training sessions.
avatar Re: Hiker found dead, Yosemite Valley 1-6-17
February 28, 2017 07:48PM
MattDaddy56
Heli Rescue/Recovery

I always think 'Someone's having a BAD day . . ."

Helo take-off from Awahnee meadow - I presume a med-evac since the clinic is nearby.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login