Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (75% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Sentinel Drive To Become One Way For Spring Construction

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Sentinel Drive To Become One Way For Spring Construction
March 02, 2017 11:59AM
Beginning Monday, March 6th at 7 AM, Sentinel Drive will be configured as a one way road from Southside Drive to Northside Drive. Access to Half Dome Village from Yosemite Village and Yosemite Valley Lodge will be via El Cap Cross. This configuration will likely be in place until the Friday before Memorial Day.
March 02, 2017 04:28PM
Last weekend Northside was closed between Village and Sentinel and they were detouring folks around the store. Looks like they were redoing the big visitor parking lot and possibly more.
March 02, 2017 11:47PM
Dave_Ayers
Last weekend Northside was closed between Village and Sentinel and they were detouring folks around the store. Looks like they were redoing the big visitor parking lot and possibly more.
That section of Northside Drive has been closed for months now and will never be reopened. The road is being reconfigured to go south of the day use parking lot so pedestrians will no longer have to cross Northside Drive in that location. I am wondering how people will react when the traffic circle will open at the intersection of the day use parking and the road to the Ahwahnee and the store.
avatar Re: Sentinel Drive To Become One Way For Spring Construction
April 03, 2017 01:44PM
Does anyone have the current status of this project, or is there a web site for tracking progress? I will be heading up a week from today and was just curious as to the situation will be like when we arrive (5th wheel trailer camping in Lower Pines).

Thanks

Steve
April 03, 2017 03:16PM
calberry
Does anyone have the current status of this project, or is there a web site for tracking progress? ...

Nothing beyond what is posted at https://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/roadwork.htm and the detour map linked to that page.
April 03, 2017 03:55PM
Dave_Ayers
calberry
Does anyone have the current status of this project, or is there a web site for tracking progress? ...

Nothing beyond what is posted at https://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/roadwork.htm and the detour map linked to that page.

Thanks, forgot about that map. Good to know in advance!

Steve
April 03, 2017 09:54PM
calberry
Does anyone have the current status of this project, or is there a web site for tracking progress? I will be heading up a week from today and was just curious as to the situation will be like when we arrive (5th wheel trailer camping in Lower Pines).

Thanks

Steve

I just came back from Yosemite and while I was there heard that they are trying to get the circle and the new road done by Memorial Day Weekend.
April 04, 2017 12:09AM
parklover

I just came back from Yosemite and while I was there heard that they are trying to get the circle and the new road done by Memorial Day Weekend.

Hopefully, weather-permitting, they can have the road and circle completed by early May. Otherwise, it's going to be gridlock in the Valley during the month of May.

Leave No Trace
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login