Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Deer in Yosemite

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (61% of Full)

JanSport

Advanced

Re: Donald Trump commissions project to carve Putin's face onto Half Dome

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Donald Trump commissions project to carve Putin's face onto Half Dome
April 01, 2017 05:00AM
With the stroke of a pen, Half Dome will never be the same. How sad. To read the story click here.

- Billy Joel
April 01, 2017 05:14AM
Good one
I like your new signature too smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2017 05:15AM by The Other Tom.
April 03, 2017 12:50PM
O.K., that one didn't fool me at all, but it was entertaining.
avatar Re: Donald Trump commissions project to carve Putin's face onto Half Dome
April 07, 2017 11:36AM
I've posted this before but it's worth another laugh. In Camden, Maine one of the local newspapers always has an outrageous story to celebrate April Fool's Day. North of town is a large lake called Megunticook and beside the lake is Megunticook Mountain which features some rugged cliffs overlooking the lake. The cliffs also have an ocean view. The story claimed that an "out-of-town" developer was planning to build rock face condominiums in the cliff side and that the local planning board had approved it! Many people took it seriously, including yours truly, since I don't put anything past developers. Anyway, the public backlash was overwhelming---until they realized they had become victims of the annual practical joke. The following year the annual leg pulling story was that a local business was going to open up the Thomaston Cement Plant limestone quarry to summer skiing on the huge piles of tailings, which were apparently discovered to have very slippery surfaces! No, I did not buy that one.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login