All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Declaring the Majestic Hotel is too generic of a hotel name for the Yosemite's famed 5-star hotel formerly know as the Ahwahnee —that tourists and travel agents were confusing it with other hotels called the Majestic including the Hotel Majestic in San Francisco — the U.S. Secretary of the Interior signed an executive order today over the objections of the National Park Service to rename Yosemite's Majestic Hotel to the Trump International Hotel – Yosemite.

A spokeswoman for Aramark, the Yosemite concessionaire that will continue to manage the property said, "Aramark is pleased that this historic and grand hotel will again have a distinctive world-renown name and is delighted that the Department of the Interior was able to work out a licensing deal with the Trump Organization to rename of hotel in honor of our 45th President of the United States.

https://www.trumphotels.com/yosemite

Leave No Trace
avatar Re: Sec. of Interior, Ryan Zinke, signs executive order to rename the Majestic Hotel in Yosemite
April 01, 2017 03:17PM
Too obvious.

April Fools
eeek
Too obvious.

Agreed. I think having Putin's face carved on Half Dome is a lot more subtle. wink

Leave No Trace
That one was supposed to be a dead giveaway in the title.

Hmmm, subtle -- what about a Mist Trail escalator?
You had me going for a minute. Stranger things have happened recently!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2017 02:29PM by Dave.
avatar Re: Sec. of Interior, Ryan Zinke, signs executive order to rename the Majestic Hotel in Yosemite
April 03, 2017 02:27PM
I'm glad Aramark will be running it. If Trump ran it they would go broke in a few months.

Yes, I know it's a joke.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2017 02:29PM by Dave.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login