Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (84% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Roundabout construction photo

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Roundabout construction photo
April 15, 2017 04:36PM
No one was working during the rain this past Thur., so I 'snuck' in and got this photo.

I was also surprised to see that the road was all 'chewed up' to and over Stoneman bridge. Sure hope they do that with the road between Lower Fall and the lodge!

Steve
avatar Re: Roundabout construction photo
April 15, 2017 05:42PM
calberry
No one was working during the rain this past Thur., so I 'snuck' in and got this photo.

I was also surprised to see that the road was all 'chewed up' to and over Stoneman bridge. Sure hope they do that with the road between Lower Fall and the lodge!

Steve

Steve,

Are you still able to see the photos you posted on this thread? I can't.

If you can still see your two photos, then there's a permissions problem with the two photos that you posted on this thread because I just get this when I try to view the photos (I have no problem in viewing your other photo in the other thread):

Leave No Trace
April 15, 2017 06:15PM
I get two of the "No permission to view" messages here.
April 15, 2017 11:09PM
OK, sorry for the posting issue. I had forgotten that my Google photos/albums are read only for me unless I move a pic into a shared folder...which I just did. I tested this on my wife's computer. She was not able to see the previously posted pics, but can now see these.

Steve

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2017 05:08AM by calberry.
April 16, 2017 10:44PM
Where is this being built?
April 17, 2017 12:26AM
I believe in camp 6/day use parking.

That road intersection between camp 6/day use parking and the village store etc has always been a traffic flow nightmare.
That entire area is being redone for the Merced River Plan (MRP) and includes replacing that intersection with a turnabout to improve traffic flow.

If you dig around on the NPS (MRP) planning page you'll find a LOT more info. tl;dr
About a third of the way down this slide show PDF from a planning meeting you'll see a Camp 6 /day use parking map of what they envision after construction is done.

I just hope people can figure out how to drive thru a turnabout!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2017 12:28AM by qumqats.
April 17, 2017 12:54AM
qumqats

Will they be stopping half way through to take pictures?
April 20, 2017 12:13AM
eeek
qumqats

Will they be stopping half way through to take pictures?

I just hope that our park visitors from the UK and Japan don't automatically start going around the roundabout in a clockwise direction. wink

Leave No Trace
April 20, 2017 02:19AM
plawrence
I just hope that our park visitors from the UK and Japan don't automatically start going around the roundabout in a clockwise direction. wink

Yeah, it's one time that widdershins is the right direction.
April 17, 2017 08:58AM
qumqats
I believe in camp 6/day use parking.

That road intersection between camp 6/day use parking and the village store etc has always been a traffic flow nightmare.
That entire area is being redone for the Merced River Plan (MRP) and includes replacing that intersection with a turnabout to improve traffic flow.

If you dig around on the NPS (MRP) planning page you'll find a LOT more info. tl;dr
About a third of the way down this slide show PDF from a planning meeting you'll see a Camp 6 /day use parking map of what they envision after construction is done.

I know what you mean about hoping people can figure how to use a round about. There are several in my area and even after them being there for years, some drivers still can't figure out what to do. During the comment period, I did bring up that people here in the US don't really understand how to use them and it could cause traffic backups for a while.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login