Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (79% of Full)

Advanced

campground reservations

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

campground reservations
May 01, 2017 04:30PM
Hi All,
For anyone that can assist/help with info/suggestions/guidance...
Via the on-line system, I have tried multiple times over the years to reserve campground reservations in Yosemite Valley.
There is a specific site at Upper Pines we want for a special anniversary (related to family's history of staying there, years ago), that we want to reserve (but really, we would reserve other nearby sites if they were listed as available, which seem to not be the case).
They (the sites) seem impossible to reserve (always reserved/filled even right after registration opens) in general.
Is there a trick to getting sites? Seems like they are pre-reserved outside of the system... (which I don't have a huge problem with, but I don't see reservations on Craigslist, etc. either)...
We visit Yosemite regularly have been able to stay there by other means (drop-in, non-campground reservations, etc.), but we can't seem to be able to reserve a specific site....
Any help/guidance is appreciated.
Thanks!
Re: campground reservations
May 01, 2017 04:58PM
There's no real trick. The demand is so high that they sell out in a matter of minutes right after they become available. All you can do is play the game: get on-line before the spots become available, time it just right, and try to click on the reservation right at the time they become live. Good luck

Remember that there are still lots of sites in Yosemite that are first come first served...and you can often score one of those early in the morning by simply being in the right place at the right time.

Check our our website: http://www.backpackthesierra.com/
Or just read a good mystery novel set in the Sierra; https://www.amazon.com/Danger-Falling-Rocks-Paul-Wagner/dp/0984884963
Re: campground reservations
May 02, 2017 05:16PM
Thanks for the response. I figured as much, but thought I'd ask anyway.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login