Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Tenaya Lake, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (78% of Full)

JanSport - Accept no Imitations. The Original Backpack since 1967.

Advanced

Re: Degnan's Deli...Opening?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 07, 2017 11:57AM
Does anybody know when it will be back open? The website says reopening May 2017. I'll be camping in Wawona starting May 15. That's always been my go to place for a good but quick sandwich.

Thanks for any light you can shed.
May 07, 2017 08:59PM
It now says late May. They are months behind schedule and I hope they are opened by Memorial Day Weekend since there are so many people there that weekend. I hope they still have the sandwich that I always get.
avatar Re: Degnan's Deli...Opening?
May 07, 2017 11:55PM
parklover
It now says late May. They are months behind schedule and I hope they are opened by Memorial Day Weekend since there are so many people there that weekend. I hope they still have the sandwich that I always get.

What are the odds that if they still sell your favorite sandwich at Degnan's that it'll cost at least $3 more compared to last year?

sad smiley

Leave No Trace
June 03, 2017 04:47PM
Was there this week. Still closed and doesn't look like they'll be open anytime soon. No signs or mention of being closed even in the Yosemite guide. You don't find out until you walk up to the front of it, you deduce this for yourself by the chained link fence surrounding it and then there aren't even any closed signs. The Grill next to the store is open for breakfast now to cover for Degnan's not being open for breakfast, however there aren't signs telling you that. Grill has two choices, Deg McMuffin, and a Breakfast burrito.
June 03, 2017 07:18PM
mtn man
Was there this week. Still closed and doesn't look like they'll be open anytime soon. No signs or mention of being closed even in the Yosemite guide. You don't find out until you walk up to the front of it, you deduce this for yourself by the chained link fence surrounding it and then there aren't even any closed signs. The Grill next to the store is open for breakfast now to cover for Degnan's not being open for breakfast, however there aren't signs telling you that. Grill has two choices, Deg McMuffin, and a Breakfast burrito.

That was pretty much my experience when I was there a couple of weeks ago. Nobody who is talking has a clue when they will be done.
June 03, 2017 10:30PM
According to Aramark's Yosemite website, it's supposed to open sometime in June. And it will have a new name: Degnan's Kitchen.

http://www.travelyosemite.com/lodging/dining/yosemite-village/

Leave No Trace
June 03, 2017 10:45PM
Well yeah, that's the same link that first said May, then late May and now says June. Eventually they'll be right. :-)
June 04, 2017 10:11PM
JohnC
Well yeah, that's the same link that first said May, then late May and now says June. Eventually they'll be right. :-)
It was supposed to open in March so I am not holding my breath.
June 04, 2017 11:00PM
parklover
JohnC

That's even worse. I only started looking when I was planning my May trip back in April. I may go back in November for fall colors. Maybe it will be open then. I suppose it will probably be too much to expect Mariposa Grove to be open then.
June 05, 2017 07:34PM
JohnC
parklover
JohnC

That's even worse. I only started looking when I was planning my May trip back in April. I may go back in November for fall colors. Maybe it will be open then. I suppose it will probably be too much to expect Mariposa Grove to be open then.
Mariposa Grove was delayed by the winter we had this year and since it is being done by the NPS, I have more faith that it will be opened by the fall unless something unforeseen happens. Degnan's is another story since it involves Aramark. Frankly, I am not impressed by them at all and how they are running things for multiple reasons. For months after they closed it, they hardly did any work on it. I thought it was just that on our multiple visits that we just happened to be there when they were not working but each time we went, we would stop by and nothing had been done during the weeks we were not there. I know some people that work in the park who have said that management is slow to respond to issues and things still are not running well.
June 04, 2017 10:06PM
plawrence
According to Aramark's Yosemite website, it's supposed to open sometime in June. And it will have a new name: Degnan's Kitchen.

http://www.travelyosemite.com/lodging/dining/yosemite-village/
Walked by Degnan's on Saturday and sign on building still said opened by May 2017, so I guess they didn't want to update the sign. Lots of huge boxes just inside of fence but they have the windows covered up so you could not see inside so have no idea of how far along they are.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login