All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Lower Pines camping - thoughts on this table?
May 08, 2017 10:20PM
We'll be camping soon at Lower Pines and I saw this Table/Organizer and think it might be helpful to have. Would this be something that could be left out at night (given that there is no food in it) or during the day when we are not around?
https://www.amazon.com/Camp-Chef-Sherpa-Table-Organizer/dp/B005DTEM2U/
avatar Re: Lower Pines camping - thoughts on this table?
May 08, 2017 11:56PM
The problem is if there are food scents on the storage compartments.

I actually own this utility table. But when I'm camping in Yosemite, I take out the four storage compartments (as shown in this photo) and place them in the bear-resistant locker at night (or before I leave my camp site during the day) because I don't want to worry about a bear ripping them open in search of food (even though no food might be stored in them).

Leave No Trace

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2017 12:06AM by plawrence.
Re: Lower Pines camping - thoughts on this table?
May 09, 2017 08:54AM
Yes, it's like when my ex-wife used to leave her purse on the car seat when we parked and I'd tell her to please put it out of view, she'd always say "but there's not any money in it". The thief doesn't know that until after he breaks in! By then the damage to my car is done. Same with the bear I guess...
avatar Re: Lower Pines camping - thoughts on this table?
May 09, 2017 09:25AM
I don't own that particular table, but I do have a somewhat-similar one from REI (a camp kitchen technically) I've been using in Lower and North Pines for almost 10 years now. It doesn't have those removable containers, and mine comes with a nylon fabric cover that can be zipped shut across the front. I have my camp stove on top, and pots, pans, dishes, plates, cups etc. stored down below. I've never stored any food or scented items of any kind inside it, and it's always out in plain sight inside a screened dining tent, and I've never had any critter, large or small, bother with it all these years.
Re: Lower Pines camping - thoughts on this table?
May 09, 2017 01:54PM
Thanks for the feedback! I think I'm going to get it . I like the idea of putting the storage compartments in the bear-resistant locker as appropriate.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login