All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Snow Plows Reach The Top Of Tioga Pass In Yosemite
June 07, 2017 03:29PM
On Monday, June 6, National Park Service road crews plowing eastbound, and Caltrans road crews plowing westbound, met at Tioga Pass.

http://sierranewsonline.com/snow-plows-reach-the-top-of-tioga-pass-in-yosemite/
avatar Re: Snow Plows Reach The Top Of Tioga Pass In Yosemite
June 07, 2017 03:43PM
National Park Service road crews (plowing eastbound) and Caltrans road crews (plowing westbound) have met at Tioga Pass. Within the park, road crews are working on parking lots, side roads, and portions of the road that are only plowed one lane wide. Crews are also removing debris from the roadway, culverts, and ditches. Three avalanche zones are still active.

Road opening is not imminent; much work still remains before the road will be safe to open. The Tioga Road is closed from South Fork Bridge (6.5 miles east of Tuolumne Grove/NatureBridge in the Crane Flat area) to Tioga Pass.
Re: Snow Plows Reach The Top Of Tioga Pass In Yosemite
June 07, 2017 04:33PM
Everything safe and ready to go by July 4, hopefully. Latest date on record is July 1 (1998). Mid-Late June for most of the heavier snowpack years. I'll guess June 29, but hopefully it's a week sooner.
June 08, 2017 01:10AM
eeek
On Monday, June 6, National Park Service road crews plowing eastbound, and Caltrans road crews plowing westbound, met at Tioga Pass.

http://sierranewsonline.com/snow-plows-reach-the-top-of-tioga-pass-in-yosemite/

I wonder if they had some sort of "Golden Spike" ceremony.

Leave No Trace
Re: Snow Plows Reach The Top Of Tioga Pass In Yosemite
June 08, 2017 02:12AM
plawrence

I wonder if they had some sort of "Golden Spike" ceremony.
More of a yellow snow moment.
June 08, 2017 11:13AM
I thought they might exchange a six-pack of some micro-brews from both sides of the pass.

smiling smiley

Leave No Trace
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login