Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Pothole Dome (Tuolumne Meadows, Yosemite National Park)

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (85% of Full)

Advanced

Mammoth Mountain ski area might stay open into August

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Mammoth Mountain ski area might stay open into August
June 07, 2017 05:26PM
avatar Re: Mammoth Mountain ski area might stay open into August
June 08, 2017 01:15AM
Once Tioga Pass opens it will be easy enough to spend one day in July exploring Yosemite and another day skiing or snow boarding at Mammoth.

Leave No Trace
Re: Mammoth Mountain ski area might stay open into August
June 08, 2017 11:54AM
As a decades old Tahoe alpine snow skier, I used to ski MM a bit each year on 3 day weekends and love its terrain, especially the steep Cornice areas because of the high elevation snow quality. For a couple decades now, more often have a KW season pass that makes over-nighting about Minden then driving the 130 miles south for a single day doable. However for the last decade plus, ski resort corps have kept season pass prices reasonable while sticking it to walk up ticket purchasers, especially destination skiers. Many resorts now over $100 for walk up single day lift tickets including MM. Thus it has become difficult for season pass holders to occasionally reasonably inexpensively ski at other non pass resorts. I just checked the MM website and it would cost me, a senior, $73 to ski a day midweek. And note during spring no one is going to actually ski except a few hours while snow quality is reasonably not too mushy so limited hours. Thus not worth the bother for cost alone. If I tossed my skis in on an Eastern Sierra June road trip would be much more content to skin up usual slopes and ski down once while corn is optimal and then get on with other reasons I might be over there.

David

http://www.davidsenesac.com
Re: Mammoth Mountain ski area might stay open into August
June 08, 2017 12:50PM
Buy your single day senior ticket at least 7 days in advance for $58, including weekends. Or show a season pass from another resort and get 50% off. Of course, multiple days drop the price further. I understand the afternoon slush dilemma.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login