Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Nevada Falls

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (58% of Full)

Advanced

Will my trailer fit in site at Lower Pines Campground?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Will my trailer fit in site at Lower Pines Campground?
June 17, 2017 09:50AM
We have site #23 in Lower Pines Campground which states its max vehicle length is 35' but max trailer length is 24'. Do you think we will be able to fit our 30' travel trailer there?
Thanks for any advice!
avatar Re: Will my trailer fit in site at Lower Pines Campground?
June 18, 2017 08:04AM
In my experience in camping in Lower Pines in our 29ft 5th wheel, the max. length is the actual length of the pad. So since your trailer is 30ft and pad 35, then you would have no issues. I think if you were to do more research you would find that 24ft is the standard max. trailer length which I have have never understood (I believe it has to do more with navigating the roads in the campground than with the actual site). Another consideration is that you will be able to back the trailer up until the tires bump up against the back blocks of the pad if you want to, thus actually giving you more space in front of the trailer. The good news too about that site is that it is double wide so that you can park your tow vehicle next to your trailer. If it was a single wide then you would not have the space in front of your trailer to park your tow vehicle.

http://www.campsitephotos.com/campground/Lower-Pines/photos/Lower-Pines-023

Steve
Re: Will my trailer fit in site at Lower Pines Campground?
June 18, 2017 10:27AM
Thanks Steve! I guess our biggest concern is maneuverability in the campsite. We've never been to this campsite before so we are unsure how it would be trying to back a 30' trailer into the site. It looks like there are trees on both sides of the site. Not sure how big the road in front is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2017 10:35AM by BolenRN7.
avatar Re: Will my trailer fit in site at Lower Pines Campground?
June 18, 2017 08:44AM
I just did a little further research on sites I have stayed in over the past couple of years and see that one does actually say the max. vehic. length is 40 and max. trailer length is 35. So I was wrong in my comment above about 24' max. However, I still say that you should have no problem with that site.

Steve
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login