Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Fern on the Four Mile Trail, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (56% of Full)

Advanced

Re: No Shuttle To Bridalveil

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

July 06, 2017 01:25PM
Please note that there will be no shuttle service to Bridalveil Fall this year. At all. Not even once.
July 06, 2017 08:41PM
eeek
Please note that there will be no shuttle service to Bridalveil Fall this year. At all. Not even once.
I hate to say this but I got a little chuckle out of how that was worded.
avatar Re: No Shuttle To Bridalveil
July 07, 2017 02:26PM
Was there one last year? The last week of June, we were looking for one, and couldn't find it.
July 08, 2017 01:25PM
Good question. Looking at the last issue of "Yosemite Today" (before it was renamed "Yosemite Guide"winking smiley for May-June 2008, it lists the El Capitan Shuttle as stopping at the Visitors center, Camp 4, El Capitan picnic area, El Capitan Meadow, and the Four Mile trail trailhead. That seems to have remained the configuration until 2015, when the Yosemite Guide for June-July shows it going out to Brivdalveil Fall, and so was the case in 2016. Seeing as how the Yosemite Guide for February-April 2017 still shows that shuttle going to Bridalveil Fall (albeit as a summer-only route), but the next one (April 5-May 16, 2017) shows the truncated route, the decision to drop that destination appears to be a recent one.
July 09, 2017 08:58AM
Thanks, I thought I saw that stop before. As congested as the Bridalveil parking lot is, it seems they would keep the shuttle stop. Would have been nice this year.
July 09, 2017 10:32AM
As much sense as the Bridalveil shuttle stop makes, I wouldn't be surprised if they eliminated it BECAUSE of the congestion. During peak times, I can't imagine trying to maneuver a bus or shuttle van there.
July 14, 2017 09:38AM
troutwild
As much sense as the Bridalveil shuttle stop makes, I wouldn't be surprised if they eliminated it BECAUSE of the congestion. During peak times, I can't imagine trying to maneuver a bus or shuttle van there.
Instead of driving through the parking lot, they could make the stop at the location on Southside Drive where they currently have pull offs on both sides of the road. This area is possibly going to be reconfigured in the new Bridalveil plan so they could put the stop there to avoid the parking lot. It would be more of a walk but at least there would be a shuttle stop
July 16, 2017 07:21PM
They absolutely need stops at Tunnel View and Bridalveil. Seems like a glaring omission.
July 09, 2017 01:02PM
I rode the shuttle to or from Bridalveil a few times in 2015 and 2016. One thing I noticed was that the drivers had to kill a lot of time so they wouldn't arrive ahead of schedule. They'd creep along sections of road where other traffic could pass easily, or pause for several minutes at stops like the El Cap Picnic Area or Bridalveil.

I liked the idea that I could get to the Bridalveil/Tunnel View/Inspiration Point area without driving (or having to hike from the El Cap Bridge). I'd like them to extend the shuttle route not only to Bridalveil but to Tunnel View.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login