Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Half Dome from the Four Mile Trail to Glacier Point, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (72% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Tuolumne Meadows Campground

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Tuolumne Meadows Campground
July 18, 2017 11:00AM
some indirect intel...yesterday, Aramark moved the opening date for TM lodge to 8/1. in recent years, TM campground has opened about a week after the lodge. current (tentative) opening for campground is 8/1. if you have reservations in two weeks (like me), have a Plan B.
July 18, 2017 05:56PM
Discussed Plan B, just today, with family
July 23, 2017 01:39PM
mkbgdns let us know if you get a message from rec.gov...
avatar Re: Tuolumne Meadows Campground
July 25, 2017 04:36PM
Thanks to this thread I was 'stimulated' last night to make reservations at TML for 8/1 and 8/2. We had some camping reservations at a State park in NorCal, but it is simply going to be too hot to have that be enjoyable so I canceled them and was in search of somewhere else to go.

The last time I was at TML for opening day was the summer of 1965. That was my second summer working there, and I was promoted from being a Camp Helper and Busboy to a waiter (that was the job to have back then!) I also helped close it down for the winter(it snowed on Memorial day that year) and went down to work in the Valley as a waiter at the Lodge restaurant (long before it was moved into the Mountain Room). Great times back then. Well, they were until my draft number came up ;-(

Steve
July 26, 2017 10:19AM
since retirement, I've had the luxury of camping at TM during the first and last weeks of its season. this year may not work out, but I still have a reservation for the last week. with my backpack also retired, I find TM to be the premiere campground for high country day hikes, both in number and variety.
July 26, 2017 03:27PM
We've always got in near when it first opens...before the "official" opening. (June 8 in 2013.) It's hard to wait until August. I have been up there hiking six times since June 19 though...(and biking once.)
July 26, 2017 09:53PM
hikerchick395
We've always got in near when it first opens...before the "official" opening. (June 8 in 2013.) It's hard to wait until August. I have been up there hiking six times since June 19 though...(and biking once.)

thumbs up
August 01, 2017 10:53AM
I called just now, and was told the Tuolumne Meadows Campground is open as of today.
August 08, 2017 04:52PM
It was a beautiful stormy week at Tuolumne!
August 08, 2017 08:00PM
hikerchick395
It was a beautiful stormy week at Tuolumne!

Did you go in the store? It seems pathetic compared to what it used to be.
August 09, 2017 09:26AM
I did go into the store early in our visit just to look. I did know that they got their first shipment Monday July 23. It was a bit sparse, but later in our stay my sister said that Saturday, when we returned from our hike, it was better stocked. (I stayed outside.)

I do know that this Monday they had no ice. My bro-in-law needed D batteries which they didn't have. Not much of a beer selection either.
August 09, 2017 08:46PM
When I went in they shelves were mostly barren. Never saw it that way in the past.
August 11, 2017 09:08AM
So looking forward to visiting beautiful Tuolumne in a couple days. just wondering what campground conditions are like as far as sites, water, mosquitos, bathrooms, etc. Also what has weather been like? Is there still much snow around?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login