Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Nevada Falls

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (58% of Full)

Advanced

Water System Turned Off at Whitney Portal

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Water System Turned Off at Whitney Portal
August 18, 2017 07:16AM
The water system at Whitney Portal has been ordered to be shut off. The system’s source has tested positive for both E. coli and total coliform. The cause of the contamination is unknown at this point and therefore cannot be corrected. As this system is the only potable water system in the Whitney Portal, this closure affects all areas in the Portal, including the Whitney Portal (family and group) and Whitney Portal Trailhead Campgrounds, recreation residences, and the Whitney Portal Store. It also affects the spigots at the overflow and hiker parking lot.

Visitors to the area are advised to bring water while recreating in Whitney Portal.
Re: Water System Turned Off at Whitney Portal
August 18, 2017 12:32PM
My guess - and it is only a guess, is that in the nine years since I last saw Trail Crest Pond, the little E~blighters have finally made their way downhill from the only brown lake I ever saw on the john muir, to the supply at WP. that nobody has died, before or since, still amazes me.vomit
Re: Water System Turned Off at Whitney Portal
August 21, 2017 06:35PM
Sad commentary on the state of the lake but, on a brighter note, I LOVED the emoticon!
avatar Re: Water System Turned Off at Whitney Portal
August 18, 2017 04:07PM
WAG bag juice.

Old Dude
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login