All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

sailing in tenaya lake.
September 06, 2017 12:06PM
My parents started camping here back in the 60's when the camp was at the east end of the lake. They owned a lido 14 #678 which we would sail there. I started going when I was very young, by that time the camp was at the west end. When I was 10 we started going to Sardine lakes since my parents were getting older and the effort to carry everything across the creek was getting harder for them. We did go back a few times but not every year. In 1982 I started going again every year untill the camp was closed, that really hurt and it still kills me that my kids didnt get to experience what was a huge part of my life. I guess I had spent approx 20 weeks camping there. We would launch our sailboat by murphy creek / the pay phone at the middle beach, there was no ramp but you could back out onto the beach to launch. I have heard there are some rocks blocking the old road but I'm wondering if anyone has pictures of the area, the boat only weighs 300# so its not to bad to muscle to the water if there is a clear path. You can roll the trailer by hand or drag the boat on the sandy beach. I am hoping to get my boat in the lake next year and camp somewhere else and come back to sail during the day.
avatar Re: sailing in tenaya lake.
September 06, 2017 04:57PM
Like this?

Re: sailing in tenaya lake.
September 06, 2017 06:05PM

Pretty close, I can't see exactly what type it is but looks to be about 13', mine has a baby blue hull and is 14'. I googled it to see if there was a picture of our boat by chance, I dont have the vhs anymore but in the early 90 there was a tv show about camping / yosemite that actually had us sailing our boat, wish I still had it. I can upload a pic but don't see how. I was mainly wondering if I can leave the boat in overnight for a few nights, and how close I can get to the water / where the boulders are in the old ramp.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2017 06:33PM by bobby1017.
September 06, 2017 06:30PM
Trying to upload a pic but looks like they want more money.
September 06, 2017 06:52PM
I wish it was me but it's been more like 27.
avatar Re: sailing in tenaya lake.
September 06, 2017 06:36PM
I saw a sailboat on Tenaya Lake about 4 years ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX6_QP_pL4E

September 06, 2017 06:54PM
Meant to reply but it got posted above.
September 18, 2017 11:39AM
Who sould I ask about this? I dont know if it is a problem if I roll my trailer down to the lake to launch.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login