Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Deer in Yosemite

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (58% of Full)

JanSport - Accept no Imitations. The Original Backpack since 1967.

Advanced

Re: October Consession Closures

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar October Consession Closures
October 05, 2017 12:25PM
The following concessions operations will close for the winter season.

October 9:
Housekeeping Camp (Laundry will remain open)

October 15:
Lodge Food Court
Village Grill
Half Dome Village Bike Stand
Glacier Point Souvenir and Snack Stand
Glacier Point Tour
El Capitan Shuttle

October 22:
Half Dome Pavilion will reopen Dec. 15 - Jan. 1 for the holidays)
- Coffee Corner will remain open until Nov. 26

October 29:
Half Dome Village Bar
October 05, 2017 04:22PM
Just read this closure list and had a mild cardiac moment. However, a phone call clarified that the LODGE food court isn't closing for the season, it's the one at Half Dome (nee Curry) Village, which has typically closed in the fall. Aramark is still coming up with surprises, but thankfully this isn't one of them. smiling smiley
October 10, 2017 02:42PM
Thanks for posting this info...was heading to Upper Pines at the end of the month and almost fell over when I saw the original message and thought our main food source was now closing in the winter. I love camping in the valley, but cooking/dishes are not what I want to do when there.

Gary
Yosemite Photo Galleries: http://www.pbase.com/roberthouse/yo
October 12, 2017 09:40AM
From what I can gather the Pizza Porch will be open until 11/26?
October 14, 2017 05:35PM
Updated update: YVL food court WILL be closed after 10/15 for a remodel — some food services will be provided next door in the Garden Terrace Room. Info provided to me by Aramark customer service was not correct (sorry eeek!) Also, traffic flow is disrupted on the north side of the valley by construction so expect congestion and delays.
avatar Re: October Consession Closures
October 14, 2017 05:43PM
phantum
(sorry eeek!)

I was just reposting what they sent to the Daily Report.
avatar Re: October Consession Closures
October 17, 2017 09:51PM
So no Coffee Corner in January when I typically visit??
October 18, 2017 04:07PM
Lodge food facilities will likely still be in transition by then. We were there for the changeover from Food Court to temporary Garden Terrace Room and found breakfast acceptable for our needs but dinner was discouraging. Limited buffet-style offerings and visual appeal had most people opting for the pre-made pizzas or sandwiches, but to be fair, this was their first night of operation. Work began immediately on the Food Court/Base Camp Eatery transformation and apparently involves expanding into the former Nature Shop space next door. The general direction seems to be a reduction of retail throughout the Valley. Degnan's remodeled building now is only food service and seating as well.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login