Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Nevada Falls

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (84% of Full)

Advanced

Upper Pines Campground Winter Reservations

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Upper Pines Campground Winter Reservations
November 28, 2017 04:15PM
I was thinking of planning a winter camp trip for this upcoming winter, and saw that Upper Pines now requires reservations for sites 1-94, but sites 95-124 are FCFS. It's been probably 2 years since I've camped in the winter, and came as a surprise to me. Needless to say, all the reservations are taken for the weekend I'm looking to go. I guess I'll have to try my luck at one of the 20 FCFS or at Camp 4. Does anyone know when this has changed? I remember last few times I've been on busy weekends (President's Day & New Year's) there have always been ample sites.
Re: Upper Pines Campground Winter Reservations
November 28, 2017 05:41PM
I have been Winter Camping in Yosemite for over 20 years with our Christian Scouting group Royal Rangers. For over ten years, we felt like we had the entire park to ourselves. About five years ago, we started noticing a change. The local news stories regarding the annual firefall in February has dramatically increased the number of visitors and campers. We have been reserving campsites recently. We never used to have to do that...

Happy Camping,

cjh
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login