Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Full

Advanced

Re: Great Grizzly Bear Fall – Yosemite Valley

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Great Grizzly Bear Fall – Yosemite Valley
January 01, 2018 11:45PM
Here's a Harper's Weekly June 1873 cover photo that shows Yosemite's Valley famed "Great Grizzly Bear Fall" in all its glory.

But once the grizzly bear became extinct in Yosemite, I guess the powers that be figured they ought to rename the water fall to something else.

Leave No Trace
avatar Re: Great Grizzly Bear Fall – Yosemite Valley
January 16, 2018 08:34PM
Wow, very cool. My parents, years ago, were in London, I think, and found the same print from,. as I recall, a sidewalk print seller. With our shared love of all things Yosemite, they bought it for me (as well as another). And the seller then hand colorized the old black and white newspaper prints, to my parents specifications (e.g. "that rock is a light grey granite", etc.). They had them framed and gave them to me. Here is the colorozed Great Grizzly Bear Falls (with apologies for the cell phone photo of the framed print):

Here is the other one, titled " California Scenes: Mammoth Trees, Rock, and Mountain Scenery". Any of it look familiar?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login