Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
A Yosemite bear

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (82% of Full)

JanSport - Accept no Imitations. The Original Backpack since 1967.

Advanced

Upper Pines Site 225 RV Size

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Upper Pines Site 225 RV Size
January 20, 2018 11:30AM
We reserved Site 225 at Upper Pines and the site has a 12' trailer length limit, which was fine when we booked it because we had a 10' pop-up trailer at the time. However, we just bought a new 19' pop-up trailer and I'm worried if it will fit. The photos of the site online make it difficult to tell if this larger size will fit or if the park service will allow it even if it does fit. Is anyone familiar with this site and/or if a 19' trailer will still work/fit in a 12' site? Thanks!
Re: Upper Pines Site 225 RV Size
January 23, 2018 10:10AM
That's going to be a tough, if not impossible, fit. A chart I have shows that pad is 23' deep by 10' wide. If your trailer is 19' then that only leaves 4' for your tow vehicle. The Park Service's practice has been that if both the trailer wheels and tow vehicle wheels are on the pad then its OK, it doesn't matter about the 12' restriction. But looking at the pics. and measurements of the pad I'd have to say the trailer and vehicle aren't going to fit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2018 11:55AM by mtn man.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login