All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK — March 28, 2018 — NatureBridge, the largest residential environmental education partner of the National Park Service, leads life-changing backpacking programs for high school students in Yosemite and Olympic National Parks each summer. These one-week and two-week programs offer the perfect mix of backpacking, science, and adventure and give participants the opportunity to conduct field science investigations in two of the most iconic national parks in the country.

While backpacking with NatureBridge, students design their own environmental science project, strengthen their leadership skills, and form friendships with peers from all different backgrounds. Students have used their NatureBridge summer backpacking experience and research for high school capstone projects, college entrance essays, and job resumes. This challenging and fun adventure has been one of the most meaningful and rewarding high school experiences for many participants.

“By gaining a stronger relationship with nature and discovering a deeper part of myself, I now see the influence of my actions and the amount of power that I have in creating change,” wrote Marisa, 2017 participant. “This experience gave me an incredible sense of bravery to be the person that I want to be and that I know I am.”

For Summer 2018, students may choose from two-week sessions in Yosemite National Park (June 24 – July 7 or July 15 – July 28), and one-week and two-week sessions in Olympic National Park (July 15 – July 21 or July 22 – August 3, respectively).

No backpacking experience is necessary and financial aid is available!

Students and parents who are interested are encouraged to contact Katie Draude, NatureBridge Summer Programs Manager, at +1 415 598-9832 orkdraude@naturebridge.org.

To learn more about NatureBridge’s Summer Backpacking visit http://naturebridge.org/summerbackpacking.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login