Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Falls

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (71% of Full)

nordvpn

Advanced

Re: Hans Florine on his El Cap fall

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Hans Florine on his El Cap fall
May 14, 2018 08:41AM
Hi,

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned here before but this was an interesting read. I hope he gets back on track soon:

Hans Florine El Cap fall
May 14, 2018 09:18AM
Thank you for posting this, I haven’t had a lot of online time recently and may not have seen this.. I’m not involved in the community anymore.

Hans’ wife was my first climbing instructor. I’ve met Hans a few times, seen him in the gym a number of times back when I used to go and have heard him talk a few times. Safety really is his mantra and the two of them really instilled a strong sense of responsibility and awareness in me. Come back the next day to go it again!

I am truly sorry to hear of his injuries, but hope he comes through even better. A good friend of mine (a triathlete) who was hit by a car when riding her bike. She shattered two vertebrae, and her tibia and other bones. She went through a lot, (pins through skin, multiple surgeries, lots of neat hardware) but her health and conditioning before the accident helped tremendously during her recovery. It’s not fun, but it’s not game over. I wish him the best on his recovery path.
May 14, 2018 09:40AM
Not much to do with this except climbing and El Cap, but, 40 years ago today, there was a big climbing accident on the monolith, which left the valley stunned. (I was working there at the time.)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login