Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (74% of Full)

Advanced

Inyo National Forest Welcomes District Ranger

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Inyo National Forest Welcomes District Ranger
May 24, 2018 05:50PM
The Inyo National Forest welcomes Gordon Martin as the District Ranger of the Mammoth and Mono Lake Ranger Districts. He will start in his new position on July 8. Martin has 35 years of experience with the U.S. Forest Service.

Most recently, he has served as the Guadalupe District Ranger with the Lincoln National Forest in New Mexico, where he has been a champion for collaborative recreation projects working with county and city governments and the National Park Service. He is also noted for his work developing youth education programs. Gordon worked in fire management for most of his career on the Cleveland National Forest. He has been active on incident management teams since 1997, primarily serving as Plans Section Chief on a Type 1 incident management team, which has responded to fires, hurricanes, and other incidents. He spent eight years as a seasonal employee for the Salmon National Forest in Idaho working in timber and fire. He began his career with the Forest Service as a volunteer at the Chittenden Youth Conservation Corps (YCC) camp on the Huron-Manistee National Forests. Gordon served on the original cadre that developed You will not Stand Alone, training designed to provide tools to employees and families after a line of duty death or serious accident.

“I am excited to tackle the complex issues of the beautiful Inyo National Forest,” Gordon said. “I hear about the good work our dedicated employees and our partners are already achieving, especially in recreation, and I look forward to contributing to this effort.”

Gordon received his Bachelors of Science in Forestry from Michigan State University. He is married; has four adult children, eight grandchildren, and a ward.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login